Support Operations - Software Engineer
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
Our Support Operations team is responsible for building and supporting tools like the "support diagnostics", which are foundational to the delivery of the Support Engineer’s role at Elastic, known internally as the framework of Support. As that framework evolves and expands, we are looking for a new DevOps engineer to join our team, in a distributed-first environment. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is keen to learn and, sometimes, teach, to deconstruct complex workflows and collaborate with other teams to deliver a fit for purpose solution and contribute to the Support organisation’s roadmap. We listen, we solve, we guide, and we’re excited to bring on a new team member to join us on this journey.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You work with other Support Operations Software Engineers to assist with the requirements, design, as well as build and support the tools that are the foundation of Customer Support
- You will work with Support Management to understand priorities and flesh out requirements
- You will write code to implement, maintain, and support the framework of Support primarily for the backend, but sometimes on the frontend
- You will be working on multiple software projects, sometimes simultaneously
- You will assist people facing issues with the framework of Support
What You Bring Along:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years as a hands-on software engineer, preferably in a DevOps environment, doing primarily backend development (Java or similar programming languages)
- You are adept at handling cross team partnerships and developing relationships for cross team collaboration
- You are willing to work with multiple teams to address a single feature
- You have the motivation to find and address the root causes that detract from supporting our customers, independently or with a team
- You show the ability to see past an already selected solution to the problem that it is meant to address
- You bring empathy for those using the tools and services that we build and maintain
What Tools and Services You Use:
- Distributed systems design and development
- 3rd party Cloud hosting services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Serverless infrastructure
- Open source projects and companies
- Automated testing
- Source control & code management (GitHub)
- Support infrastructure (Salesforce)
- Containerisation & Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Infrastructure Automation (Ansible)
- Continuous integration and build systems
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: