At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Sr. Sourcing & Procurement Analyst is an individual contributor role and will report to the Strategic Sourcing, Senior Manager - Technology located in North America. The Sr. Analyst will work closely with the global sourcing and procurement teams in North America and India. You will be responsible for supporting the vendor legal and contract review and renewal process for the Technology category (IT Operations and Engineering).
What You Will Be Doing:
- Leading the contract review and negotiation process by partnering with the business, sourcing, legal, IT, and data security teams
- Working with in-house sourcing counsel (Elastic attorney) based in the USA to resolve sophisticated contractual terms, either by involving them in the negotiation or seeking appropriate risk tolerance approval
- Working with internal business partners to ensure their needs are collected and understood as it relates to any purchase requests
- Co-developing and managing renewals by identifying contracts that are coming up for renewal and partnering with the business to determine if Elastic will renew, go to RFP, or consolidate with an existing vendor.
- Working closely with Global Sourcing Managers to ensure the procurement and contract activities align with their Category strategies
- Build and communicate critical metrics reports on a regular basis based on a defined list of critical metrics (Cost Savings, Procurement Influence, Payment Terms etc.)
- Support sourcing strategy and procurement optimization processes by providing data insights and recommendations. Collaborate with the Sourcing team to maintain preferred vendor lists and actively advise the business to consolidate spend.
- Perform procurement analytics to deliver useful insights to larger procurement team to enable significant business impact
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business or equivalent.
- 5 to 10 years experience working in purchasing and contract review.
- Rich understanding of global and US vendor commercial contracts with a specialization in technical categories such as SaaS, IT infrastructure, and general technology contracts.
- Will have worked for US and global technology companies in a contract review or procurement capacity
- Strong communication, influencing, persuasion, negotiation, conflict resolution skills
- Possess high integrity combined with good judgement, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and vendors
- This is a global position and may require some travel
- Work hours - per EMEA shift (1pm to 10pm IST) to align with North America time-zones overlap.
- Also, have flexibility in work times to support all other global time zones, as needed.
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be willing to work on one’s own initiative and must be focused on achieving goals
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.