Sales Strategy & Operations Business Partner - Services
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
To support our continued growth, we’re looking for a Senior Analyst / Manager to partner with our WW Services team. In this highly collaborative role you will build a strong business partnership with the global professional services team to help scale their consulting and training business. This partnership will require you to analyze and deeply understand the fundamentals around why/how we provide consulting and training services. You will be heavily relied on for your analytical skills, attention to detail, efficiency, and enthusiasm.
You thrive in navigating ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a regional view, are data-driven and have a passion for optimizing process and structure. You balance critical, long-term thinking about how we scale the business with hands-on delivery to ensure what needs to happen today gets done. You love rolling up your sleeves and digging into the data to provide actionable insights. We’re seeking people with strong analytical and process skills, comfortable engaging with senior leadership, effective at collaborating with multiple teams and building positive relationships with business partners.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for providing strategic, operational, and tactical support to the professional services team
- Own all related critical metrics (e.g. bookings, consulting utilization, training courses booked, training course popularity, forecasting, etc.)
- Drive and support semi-annual GTM planning, which includes headcount allocation, services attach rates analysis, and a training heat map
- Build out and maintain a comprehensive services model to measure the training capacity / attendance across the different geos/regions
- Partner with Marketing to understand the top of funnel lead flow in major cities and subsequently develop growth plans for new geographies and market segments
- Drive strategic initiatives to support the fast paced growth of the business
- Help lead, prepare, and organize regional quarterly business reviews. This includes building templates, crafting the agenda, scheduling attendees, and capturing all metrics / performing all analyses needed for attendees to present their assessment of their business
- Provide insight and data points to assist with headcount decisions and placement
- Work with the sales strategy team to develop and maintain forecast models and pricing models
What you bring along:
- BS/BA required, MBA a strong plus, but not required.
- 5+ years work experience in Professional Services, Sales Operations, Strategy, Services FP&A, Management Consulting, or similar field with a strong exposure to the services business
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills.
- Highly collaborative style with strong influence skills and the ability to adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Experience with the Salesforce.com platform and related cloud or web based technologies.
- Power user proficiency with MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS Powerpoint). SQL or R experience a strong plus, but not required.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: