Sales Director - Public Sector
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We are rapidly growing and hiring for a strong individual for the UK to help drive our business forward in the Public Sector market, with a focus on Central government departments. Are you a creative sales person with ambition to develop new business in a dynamic market? Does learning new technology excite you? Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career? Do you have an optimistic vision for your future and encourage your colleagues, customers, and business partners around you? We would love to have you join us for the ride.
Our Sales Directors build and execute on regional plans, including identification of core customers and mapping the benefits of Elastic's solutions to ensure customers’ success.
Let's Talk if You:
- Are known for your operational perfection, ability to effectively utilize your own time, and are passionate about using the power of technology to do incredible work.
- Experience of building business in the Public Sector arena, particular central Government
- Are consultative in relationships with your customers and able to establish trust.
- Can effectively communicate in a professional and knowledgeable manner with technical audiences.
- Are coachable, willing, and eager to learn new skills.
What You Will Do:
- Lead your own territory - identify prospects, diagnose needs, prescribe solutions, negotiate, and solve problems to build and meet customers’ demand for Elastic’s services.
- Position yourself as an authority in the industry and consultant to your partners and prospects by understanding their needs and enabling your customers to get business insights in real-time data exploration.
- Nurture and build upon existing relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to your market’s client base.
- Collaborate with peers to develop fresh approaches, winning strategies, and champion sustained success.
- Drive new business and be a partner to customers within your region by being an inspiring leader in your marketplace.
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Possesses 5-8 years of sales experience, preferably with SaaS technology, Search, Analytics, Big Data, Application Performance Management or Storage large data sets in distributed systems and computing environments
- Has a track record of achievement and ability to operate in an ambitious environment
- Is skilled at presenting new points of view to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business
- Has knowledge of Big Data, Cloud, Systems Infrastructure, Enterprise Application Integration, Database and/or Data warehouse concepts and products preferred
- Has a BA/BS or equivalent educational background
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: