Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Vice President of Brand Strategy will be responsible for building the strategy for generating brand awareness and engagement for our fast-growing company. Innovation and creativity is in our DNA, so you will get to forge new solution sets across industries in service to building the Elastic brand. Further, this role will be responsible for managing our internal creative teams from budgeting through productivity. And, will need to evaluate whether or not external agencies/vendors are needed to augment the team to enable breakthrough messaging, positioning and creative output.
- Experience in building strategies for brand awareness, engagement and recognition.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial by nature and works well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Responsible for carrying out all creative and innovative initiatives to raise awareness and help us stand out against the competition.
- You must be customer-centric meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure branding initiatives support company objectives.
- Will be metric driven and can draw insight from complex marketing data.
- You will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Creative brand guidelines in service to the following:
- Influence campaign concepts and execution with the digital demand team
- Influence messaging and positioning with PMM and the Comms team
- Influence customer experience from acquisition through usage of product collaborating with the product design teams.
- Event creative strategy and execution
- Leadership of the creative team – writers, designers, UI/UX, development, video, etc.
- As we scale, demonstrated ability managing global multi-agency relationships, and continually work to evolve the most efficient use of the agency network
- Entrepreneurial leader who proactively seeks out and pitches new opportunities
- 15+ years of brand building experience in B2B/SaaS environments with an understanding of B2C influence a plus
- Proven experience leading breakthrough creative teams, with an emphasis on customer-centric communications and bottom-line business results.
- Creative should be built with the business targets and persona in mind and should be innovative within our visual identity.
- Experience driving a data driven approach from demand through to brand health.
- Experience in working with agencies – budgeting, resource planning, mentoring and training.
- Experience with implementing and leveraging martech to support the creative business including tools that create project plans, streamline to meet deadlines, productivity enablement and tracking, etc.
- Deep digital-first orientation with experience with web, digital assets to enable increased conversion in omnichannel campaigns, web design, etc.
- Proven leadership experience creating a collaborative, fun and successful creative organization.
- Proven track record of being a goal-oriented business partner along with being an innovative creative force.
- Oversight of brand compliance issues in partnership with legal, including global trademark protection
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fluid, entrepreneurial, globally-distributed environment.
- Able to, and enjoy, shifting between creative and visionary to pragmatic and tactical.
- Experience with digital creative development and media channels (display, retargeting, programmatic, paid search, mobile, tablet, email marketing, native advertising), managing deployment, measuring results and guiding optimizations.
- Comprehensive experience with digital media and paid search optimizations that marry front-end and back-end reporting tools and data
- Working knowledge of paid search strategies and best practices. Working knowledge of the Google AdWords platform and bid management technologies
We Especially Want To Hear From You If:
- Significant experience with a design firm or ad agency with software companies.
- A secret digital marketing geek, always seeking new ways to feed the brand health and demand engines.
- Are not afraid to lead, test and optimize.
- Are collaborative, but bold, and can influence so you can work at light-speed
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.