Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (BSA), Support acts as a liaison between IT and business stakeholders to help build scalable solutions for Support programs. You are technically savvy, and you have a blend of business engagement skills, passion for technology and automation, critical thinking, and attention to detail. You are also forward thinking, have a strong desire to contribute to solutions that encourage business growth, and make strong recommendations that drive improvements.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing technology guidance in Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, and custom portals. You will work with business partners, end-users, and management teams to improve processes and workflows, draft requirements that help us scale, and identify how to enhance the Support team’s and customers’ experience. You excel in a fast paced environment and are a self-starter.
- You advise the Support team on business process and technology development. You are an expert in Salesforce Service Cloud and have a deep understanding of industry best practices. You have past experience working with or in Support, and you understand customer Support needs.
- You are familiar with the agile development lifecycle, and you participate on a scrum team of developers, admins, and BSAs.You coordinate feature requests across multiple IT teams and business stakeholders and collaborate with project managers, delivery teams, and other BSAs.
- You craft functional requirements for projects and assist with feature design, requirements gathering, documentation, and end user testing for projects and feature requests; you translate complex technical processes into the language of your business users.
- You align priorities with the IT roadmap. You advocate on behalf of your stakeholders, advise on how to streamline processes, and identify alternative approaches. You understand and address downstream impacts your stakeholders initiatives have on other Elastic programs, and vice versa.
- You collaborate with Sales Enablement and Support Operations on crafting training and enablement for end users.
- You prepare presentations and documentation of existing and future technical processes.
- You participate and assist in Elastic’s key IT projects and ad-hoc projects; you update BSAs on related work that impacts other areas of the business; you collaborate on cross-team initiatives.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment; you are able to work remotely and independently; you prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change, and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
- 5+ years of experience in business systems analysis, business operations, or business solutions architecture focused on the Salesforce stack, within a SaaS or IaaS company operating at 1B or more in revenue.
- 3+ years of experience supporting one or more of the following areas: support operations, customer success operations, or Engineering.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, and integrating out-of-the-box or custom systems together
- Understanding of best practices for Salesforce Lightning and past experience with a Lightning migration and transformation.
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions between Salesforce and its boundary applications.
- You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and are confident influencing and driving roadmaps and plans that lead to software delivery success.
- Understanding of Customer Support best practices and the subscription lifecycle. Understanding of both on-prem and cloud offerings.
- Comfortable in establishing a strong rapport with management, and capable of aligning to their goals and objectives to craft long-term technology solutions that support their needs.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and design thinking skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator and collaborator within your own team and beyond.
- Expertise fitting requirements and process to an architecture and design that optimizes for efficiency and impact. You’re passionate about documentation.
- Ability to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.