Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are hiring a senior attorney to join our expanding legal department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company. This position will be ideal for a self-sufficient and resourceful mid- to senior-level attorney who is based in Singapore or Australia.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will negotiate, structure and close a wide variety of commercial contracts, supporting our Sales and Partner organizations in Asia Pacific, with a particular focus on strategic transactions.
- You will work in collaboration with our Deal Desk, tax, product, privacy, Infosec, compliance and other teams.
- You will help build and strengthen workflows, and processes between the Legal Department and other departments within Elastic to enable dealmaking and compliance initiatives; and
- partner with co-workers, in a company culture that is open, welcoming and unequalled.
What You Bring Along:
- You have 6-9 years of experience in the drafting and negotiation of complex technology contracts (including cloud contracts), good humour, strong judgment, impeccable ethics, and are able to balance legal risks with business strategy
- Candidates who have experience both in-house and at a major national or international law firm are preferred
- You thrive while independently running your own time in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and positivity.
Moreover, you have/are:
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- A proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and balance multiple projects, pathfind, and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments, and risk tolerance.
- Commitment to team collaboration, inclusivity, and congeniality.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development, particularly in the areas of data privacy/security, intellectual property, compliance, and commercial law.
- Experience with, or at least a good working knowledge of, complex software licensing business models and related legal issues.
- Prior experience representing high-growth companies is a bonus.
- Prior experience working with/in highly regulated industries (banking, telecommunications, healthcare) is a bonus.
- Ability to participate in some limited travel requirements.
- A license to practice law in the United States or in a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- IF based in Singapore we will require you to have permanent residency or citizenship.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.