At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
- Elastic’s Professional Services team works across every technology and system to deliver solutions for our customers. Our Elastic Senior Project Manager is essential to the project delivery of Elastic services and plays an essential role in keeping up with the growing demand for Elastic services.
- As an Elastic Senior Project Manager, you will work with the services team to service our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world's most interesting and complex search, observability and cybersecurity problems, and our services team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts. The Senior Project Manager will be a customer-facing role for leading our project delivery in the region, achieving revenue targets, managing communications, meeting facilitation, and reporting. The primary measurement of success for this role will be YOY growth in services revenue while consistently meeting customer satisfaction.
- Complete Elastic training and become an expert in our Outcome Based Delivery Methodology and practices
- Engagement Execution from start to finish while identifying and mitigating risk, status reporting, and operations.
- Highly collaborative with Services sellers, architects, consultants, third-party partners, and customers
- Effectively partner with Services leadership to help build out your practice.
- Contribute to enhancing our delivery methodology, services practice, and industry Point of Views
- Become a key stakeholder in your accounts renewal and add-on process through continuous collaboration with the Customer Success Group and Account Executives
- Ability to manage a portfolio with multiple customers and engagements varying in size at one time by time management, strong prioritization, and setting customer expectations
- Post-COVID - Ability to travel 25% - 65% of the time
- Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 8+ years of consulting engagement delivery leadership experience
- Demonstrated the ability with establishing and leading high growth practices
- Technical understanding to evangelize our vision and implement it into project/account planning
- Engagement Planning - technical understanding, strategic mindset, translating Elastic vision into a tangible project plan
- Experience in executing projects from beginning to end with a strong prioritization and time management POV
- Good Change Management skills
- Engagement Execution - identify and mitigate risk, status reporting, and operations
- Post Engagement - ability to identify renewal and add-on opportunities, using lessons learned and looping them back into our internal best practice
- Track record of improving high pressure or at-risk accounts when necessary
- Highly collaborative and excels in a complex, matrixed environment
- Professional Services Automation (PSA) experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or equivalent experience
- PMP/Scrum master certifications preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Leadership Qualities:
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning, approaches each interaction with an open mind, a great listener, and hands-on
- THOUGHT LEADER: Strong point of view and executive presence. Confident, but not arrogant, a great storyteller
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- TEAM PLAYER: A team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trust the company’s core values
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.