Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant adept at recording foreign cash transactions. You can expect ownership of the maintenance,
reconciliation, and reporting of foreign bank accounts. Our business is growing very quickly and while you will be empowered to take
ownership of your work product, there will be times that action will be required without extensive up-front guidance. We will look to you for
ongoing contributions to the development and enhancement of internal controls and general accounting practices and policies.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will work with many groups within and outside of Elastic, including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Financial Reporting, FP&A, Revenue Accounting,Tax, Internal Audit and external auditors and consultants.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Download daily bank information, assign transaction responsibilities within the organization and prepare appropriate journal entries for upload into NetSuite
- Prepare pre cash reconciliations in week 3 of each month as well as the month end/ quarter end cash reconciliations
- Communicate across the departments to resolve outstanding reconciliation items in a timely manner for month end / quarter end close
- Analyze and maintain complex general ledger balance sheet accounts by gathering data, reconciling the general ledger control accounts to sub-ledgers, and explaining variances
- Prepare adjusting journal entries resulting from the balance sheet reconciliation process, variance analysis, and quarter-end close
- Prepare analysis for quarter-end for cash position for Financial Planning Group
- Provide financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special complex projects
- Ensure the accurate reporting of general ledger accounting in the company’s accounting system by performing key accounting internal controls
- Participate in preparing and supplying documentation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, internal audit SOX control requests, other accounting team data requests, and executive management special projects
- Participate in the migration of bank accounts into NetSuite to move toward automating the bank reconciliation process
- Participate as a team member to support the department, and be flexible to assist teammates in meeting deadlines
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Robust analytical skillset and detailed financial reporting and US
- GAAP knowledge
- 5-8 years experience working in a publicly traded company (ideally hyper-growth tech)
- Demonstrated experience recording foreign cash transactions to the general ledger and understanding of foreign exchange rates
- Development, maintenance, and continual enhancements of periodic reporting of foreign cash
- Flexibility to work cross functionally monthly within various department workgroups and the Core Accounting Group (i.e.
- Hire-to-Retire, Procure-to-Pay-Prepaids, Fixed Assets, and Accruals)
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUPs
- Flexibility to scale to different opportunities as they arise within the department as the company grows to broaden your overall skill set
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Bank reconciliation, bank system, and cash handling experience preferred
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.