Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You will lead and manage a talented team of engineers to create a reliable ingestion framework for third-party integrations like GitHub, Google Drive, Confluence, and many more. You’ll perform frequent 1on1s, deliver quarterly reviews, lead in “All Hands” discussions, onboard, coach and mentor new and existing team mates.
- You will get deep, helping to organize and develop workflows and prepare work-in-flight, as the team responds to the ever-evolving needs of the market and changes to our interfacing third-parties. You’ll collaborate on work philosophies and processes, and apply your years of developmental expertise.
- You will collaborate with other Tech, Team, and Product leads over a product roadmap. You’ll act as an essential and communicative part of an engaged and spirited team.
- You will help navigate customer experiences with our world-class, empathetic support teams. You’ll work with all types of people and roles.
Our Team Style:
- We appreciate articulate and “low ego” people who want to grow as part of a team.
- We welcome diversity in all forms, thought above all. We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate characters of all sorts.
- We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
- We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust and personal and professional growth.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience leading a team of people at scale. You will have experience with flexible people management, rapid growth, servant leadership, and be comfortable with performance management.
- Experience with remote management. You will know how different remote management is from in-office management and how to optimize for a distributed environment.
- Experience as an individual contributor in an engineering role. You have shipped quality code into delightful applications, and know how good teams build systems.
- Measured and articulate written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: emails, issues, investigations, documentation, onboarding materials, and so on.
- An interest in learning new tools, workflows and philosophies that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change. This role has tremendous opportunity for growth!
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.