Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
What you will be doing:
- Overseeing 200,000+ interactions annually while maintaining a culture of clarity, simplicity, and excellence delivering an amazing customer experience
- Driving extremely high rates of adoption and satisfaction (CSAT & NPS)
- Developing a 3-year strategy, execution roadmap, priorities, and investment plan to deliver proactive support vision and scale to the team
- Playing an active role in the Customer Success team to help develop and define the overall strategy for the organization
- Developing differentiated, proactive Support offerings and working closely with sales to help sell the right offerings to our strategic customers
- Working closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovating and developing new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Developing and driving key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity
- Exceeding quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Overseeing regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Maintaining key internal and external relationships with the ultimate goal of delighting Elastic's customers
- Planning and managing at both the strategic and operational levels
- Tracking and managing proper metrics to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty are maximized
- Managing a dispersed and diverse team, which includes frequent global travel
What you bring to the table:
- 3rd or 4th line leadership experience leading large, global teams in a software company with multi-billion dollar revenues
- 12+ years in customer support
- 10+ years experience translating takeaways from the Support function into actions that help improve product functionality, positively impacting renewals and sales
- Consistent overachievement of goals
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP, and Incident management tools for customer support processes
- Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills, and business insights
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning, and improvement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing, and results-oriented atmosphere
- Strong track record of building and developing high performing teams
- Proven success working within a highly matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across the organization
- The gravitas to represent one of the most critical functions within Elastic to executive leadership, key stakeholders, and peers in other functions
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing customer support organization
- The ability to see the big picture without losing sight of the details; the ability to inspire a team to drive consistent excellence
- Familiarity with Finance models as applied to the software industry
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $234,800 and $323,000, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.