Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Sr. Sourcing & Procurement Analyst is an individual contributor role and will report to the Senior Director - Strategic Sourcing in North America. The Sr. Analyst will work closely with the global sourcing and procurement teams in North America and India. You will be responsible for leading procurement data analytics, reporting and system administration for various procurement tools.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Review, summarize, and analyze data and present findings in a concise and structured manner. Implement and distribute procurement spend reports according to predefined monthly or quarterly reporting schedules
- Create and communicate critical metric reports on a regular basis based on a defined list of critical metrics (Cost Savings, Procurement Influence, Payment Terms etc.)
- Support sourcing strategy and procurement optimization processes by providing data insights and recommendations. Perform procurement analytics to deliver useful insights to larger procurement team to enable significant business impact
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Finance, Sourcing, P2P etc.) to capture monthly and quarterly data for analysis.
- Serve as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for category sourcing managers and functional leads for providing category-specific spend reports
- Bring analytical and conceptual skills linking issue resolution to process improvement.
- Conduct training on analytical tools and dashboards, as needed.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and multi-functional partners.
- As a system administrator, update/maintain various procurement tools and system configurations. Collaborate with IT and various other departments to efficiently manage the procurement systems. Lead implementation efforts for any new tools and/or features of existing tools
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in business or finance/accounting or equivalent.
- 5 to 7 years work experience in purchasing or finance data analysis.
- Strong ability to collect and interpret data, identify and communicate potential opportunities and risks.
- Strong data analytics and report building skills through tools such as MS Excel & Google G-Suite. Advanced experience with the following procurement tools will be considered an asset: Workday Strategic Sourcing (ScoutRFP), ServiceNow, Monday.com, Netsuite, and Confluence Wiki.
- Willingness to learn new technologies in data analytics.
- Project management (including change management) experience and skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Possess high integrity combined with good judgement, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and vendors
- Be a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be willing to work on one’s own initiative and must be focused on achieving goals.
- Work hours - EMEA shift (1pm to 10pm IST) aligning with North America time zones overlap including flexibility in work times to support all other global time zones when needed.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.