Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Procurement and Contract Lead will manage, mentor, coach, and lead a group of Procurement and Contract Managers based in India that will support all global purchases at Elastic. You will report to the Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing based in North America and will work closely with global sourcing to help the team drive value across all technical and non-technical categories of spend. Your team will be responsible for leading the vendor contract review process and supporting the business with high-volume tactical purchases.
What You and Your Team Will Be Doing:
- Leading procurement contract administration lifecycle, including responding to and supervising inbound requests, review and contracts interpretation using a contracting playbook, routing to team members for handling, archiving and maintaining confidentiality of all work material
- Leading the contract review and negotiation process by partnering with the business, sourcing, legal, IT, and data security teams
- Negotiating, structuring, and closing global agreements such as Master Service Agreements, Statements of Work, Order Forms, Addendums, and Non-Disclosure agreements
- Working with in-house sourcing counsel to resolve sophisticated contractual terms, either by involving them in the negotiation or seeking appropriate risk tolerance approval
- Developing contract playbooks, contract templates, and procedures in close collaboration with the legal and sourcing teams
- Working with internal business partners to ensure their needs are captured and understood as it relates to any purchase requests
- Conducting any vital RFx activities or business reviews with vendors
- Working closely with the Sourcing Managers to ensure the procurement activities align with their Category strategies
- Developing and implementing changes to strengthen procurement and contract management policies, processes and procedures while ensuring compliance
- Assisting with implementation of systems and tools to generate efficiency gains in procurement, sourcing, and contract management processes
- Strengthening reporting and analytics of global purchasing activities to highlight trends, risks, challenges and opportunities by monitoring contract review cycle time, savings, supplier consolidation, spend, and other metrics
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in law and/or business or equivalent with 7 to 10 years experience working in purchasing and contract review
- Rich understanding of global and US vendor commercial contracts, with strength in SaaS, IT infrastructure, and general technology contracts
- Will have led international procurement and contract teams for US and global technology companies
- Strong leadership, communication, relationship building, influencing, persuasion, negotiation, presentation, conflict resolution and business analysis skills
- Expert at analyzing data in sophisticated databases in order to draw data driven conclusions
- Possess high integrity combined with good judgement, with the ability to identify, recommend and select the best overall solution
- Strong ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and vendors
- This is a global position and may require some travel
- Have flexibility in work times to support all global time zones with a focus on all North American time zones
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.