Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Do you have prior cyber security engineering experience and can help overcome technical challenges for your customers?
We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be cyber security advocates in partnership with our Sales team. You will be listening to customer needs and pain points, while helping us knock down the technical barriers to adoption of the Elastic stack for security use cases. In addition you will be presenting our technology to help solve customers' mission-critical security issues.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Build awareness of what Elastic is doing in the Security space.
- Engage our community and learn about new security use cases for Elastic.
- Support customers and prospects in how the Elastic Stack can help security teams
- Build a deep understanding of the Elastic stack and our solutions, and work closely with product management, engineering and sales to solve critical security questions
- Traveling to clients and potential clients in order to be our key security SME while interfacing with customers
- Attend conferences and events, and be active in leading or contributing to speaking and thought leadership engagements within the security space.
- Enable the field organization to better understand security use cases and solutions of the Elastic stack.
“Once I started, I was blown away to realize what was always so obvious, everything is search. Anything you do with data involves search, every app needs search, even analytics are about search. Daily I am blown away with the types of things our users and customers are doing with search.” Director of Product, Elastic.
Why this team?
“We question the status quo, debate the best ways to accomplish our goals and hold ourselves and our teams to the highest standards of performance. We take pride in our ability to understand our customers needs and make recommendations that are based on extensive global experience across multiple use cases. We learn from our mistakes and losses and celebrate our successes with an eye towards constant improvement. Join this team if you are up for a compassionate, understanding and fair environment where you can really grow into the next phase of your career.” VP WW Solution Architecture, Elastic
What You Will Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics or another technical field is a plus
- Hands on SIEM experience
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and Community (Linux & GitHub)
- Experience of deploying and troubleshoot solutions based on Linux based network appliances
- Understanding of how prominent security solutions integrate with SIEM and logging platforms
- Windows Authentication and Admin knowledge
- Knowledge and deep understanding of security systems architectures (Network analysis, Host forensics, Threat analysis/modelling, etc)
- Knowledge of Network and Security Solutions, DLP, IAM and other leading security products
- Cloud and SaaS experience
- Experience of UNIX scripting/text processing, SQL, regex
- Behavioral Analytics and Machine Learning expertise a plus
- 6 years + of successful network and security engineering experience
- Experience with network and security forensic analysis is a plus
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, Network Analysis and Troubleshooting, Network Security and threat mitigation
- Experience with network & security architecture, and network & security operations
- SOC Operations background/experience
- Big Data and Analytics experience a plus
- Leading Security Certification preferred including CISSP, CEH, or GIAC related certifications a plus
- Ideally 2+ Years as a Sales Engineer, or alternatively as a customer facing security consultant
- Identify and qualify technical opportunities independently
- Help influence sales strategy and determine viability of an opportunity and help map out political structure
- Familiar with consultative selling principles
- Manage successful remote and onsite product evaluations
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Handle a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, and interpersonal skills and comfortable presenting and performing solution demonstrations to both small and large audiences
- Clearly articulate the business and technical benefits of a solution.
- Experience with responding to RFI and RFP’s for technical solutions
- Participate in trade shows and conferences
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Ability to control a room, and guide a productive discussion
- Work hand in hand with partner/channel and/or internal channel/partner teams
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment, must be able to multitask and keep up with the pace of a scale-up
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.