Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic is expanding its Sales Development team in The Netherlands to support the rapid adoption of our solutions. Companies like Netflix, Lyft, Facebook, The New York Times, and NASA are looking to Elastic to help solve their big data problems. As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) in the Netherlands territory, you will play a critical role in the success of our sales organization by identifying and creating new sales opportunities.
You will be responsible for building the pipeline for our Netherlands customers of the future. At Elastic, you will work with both current users in the Netherlands territory to understand their business problems as well identify new sales opportunities.
We will provide you with the training ( sales / technical ) and professional support to be successful in this position. Our goal is to make you successful as a SDR and provide possibilities for you to learn, grow and advance your career at Elastic.
Our SDRs are the future leaders of Elastic and we are very focused to help you develop your career in Elastic in the coming years. The role is based in Amsterdam.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Outbound calling into customers in the Netherlands territory
- You are the driver of building new business relationships, connecting with new customers who have expressed interest in Elastic
- Proactive and creative approaches to identify new opportunities with Netherlands customers
- Qualifying and responding to incoming leads regarding the Elastic products, via marketing, web, events, phone inquiries
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and our partner team across the Netherlands region to develop new strategies to build our sales pipeline and grow our business
- Using Salesforce, Marketo, LinkedIn, and other networking tools to research accounts, identify key contacts and build targeted messaging
- Learn our technology and effectively communicate our value proposition with a technical audience.
- Work to understand customer goals and challenges to better understand how Elastic can help their business.
What You Bring With You:
- 1-2 years of sales experience focused on new business
- Experience with both inbound and outbound calling (doesn’t have to be within IT or technology)
- Open to feedback, curious and constantly looking for ways to learn and improve
- Genuine interest in technology, with the ability to learn and communicate complex technical concepts - Don’t worry, we’ll give you a lot of resources
- Hitting your monthly targets and objectives by being results oriented
- Fluency in Dutch and English languages
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.