Manager, Tech & Operations
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats - we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 37 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion, we are seeking a Manager, Tech & Ops to join our Sales Strategy & Operations team. In this role, you will oversee a number of signature technology projects supporting our Sales Operations and Sales Development organizations. You’ll have an opportunity to interact with a broad variety of partners from the pre-sales, operations, and sales strategy teams, in addition to IT and marketing. You’ll handle our territory operations and our data quality desk, and you’ll author technologies, processes, and procedures that keep our organization running smoothly.
What you will be doing:
- You will lead territory operations at Elastic as the direct manager of our territory analysts, contractors, and interns, who help answer questions from the field and set up Salesforce for all of our new hires.
- You lead data quality audits and list acquisition for sales.
- Salesforce feature requests and documentation: you will collaborate with analysts and partners to create and prioritize feature requests for our Sales Development and Sales Operations teams, then shepherd them through development and testing. Your focus will be to enable our reps to effectively handle leads while maintaining data structure and quality for analysis & decision-making by our operations team.
- Become an authority on data enrichment and territory automation. You define features and process changes which improve the data quality of our CRM and which route the right records to the right people at the right time.
- Build project plans and develop enablement and change management efforts for major projects and releases. You are comfortable steering partners and passionate about mentoring analysts through the delivery process.
- Serve as a technical mentor and partner to analysts and stakeholder groups within field operations.
- Help craft a sales technology center of excellence, particularly in regards to pre-sales and territory routing. You build documentation not for documentation’s sake, but to inform, enable, and educate a broad, distributed audience on the workings of our go-to-market teams and the tools they use to do their jobs successfully.
- Contribute to prioritization of technology efforts across the field operations portfolio.
What you bring along:
- 5+ years of experience working with Salesforce.com. You’re also a power-user of Excel, Powerpoint, process documentation tools, and data loaders.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and you're comfortable interacting with senior leaders. Because of your familiarity with agile development / sprint planning and your understanding of the software development lifecycle, you’re used to negotiating priorities and tradeoffs.
- You have an ability to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with a customer-first, positive approach, and you design with empathy and a mind for simplicity and scale.
- You're an excellent teammate, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that is fast-paced, where requirements and circumstances evolve quickly. You're more than capable of balancing your daily tasks along with major projects.
- You're self-motivated, able to work remotely and independently.
- Preferred: Past experience manning a sales helpdesk, either in commissions, orders, or data quality
- Preferred: Salesforce Reporting & Dashboard experience / Advanced Admin certification
- Preferred: Experience as a business analyst, administrator, project manager, architect, product manager, or in a sales strategy or sales operations role, particularly in support of Sales, Services, or Customer Success / Renewals organizations.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: