Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
If you are passionate about using data to drive business results and you are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fast-paced organization, this could be a great fit.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own Quota Setting and Model: Be a key driver for initiatives for setting and maintaining quotas, including running forecast reports, triangulating data and recommending reasonable quotas on an ongoing basis. Consulting and helping sales leaders determine quotas under various scenarios.
- Plan Effectiveness: Drive analysis on plan effectiveness of variable incentives to improve sales engagement and performance spanning process and systems enhancements.
- Incentive Design: You will participate in the annual planning process, develop recommendations that improve the structure and components of compensation plans across all functions within Global Field Ops. You'll also present final recommendations to Senior and Executive Sales, Operations and Finance Leadership.
- Incentive Analytics: You will own all monthly quota attainment related critical metrics (e.g. quota attainment distribution / histogram, rep productivity, stack ranks, earnings attainment, etc.)
- Executive Presentations / Rep Performance Reviews: You will present quarterly attainment and productivity reviews to the Executives and Sales Leadership.
- Ad Hoc: Cost analysis and modeling, major and minor projects.
- Implement Early Warning Systems: You will actively lead field performance by forecasting attainment monthly and identifying areas for improvement (i.e. pipeline needs, conversion rates, renewal rates, etc). Provide recommendations, as needed, for mid period incentives based on actual / forecasted results.
What You Bring Along:
- BS/BA required.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent communication skills and project management, self starter, lean heavily on execution.
- 3+ years of work experience in Sales Compensation Plan Design, Consulting Career, Business Analytics, Sales Strategy, Operations, Financial Planning and Analysis, or similar fields in SaaS or consumption based space organizations.
- Highly collaborative style with the ability to influence and adjust on the fly to new demands with a sense of urgency.
- Great analytical skills, demonstrated professional experience in data analysis & reporting and the ability to gain insights from sales data.
- High level of Excel modeling proficiency and high efficiency with large data sets, modeling, and accuracy.
- Experience with sales-related software applications (Xactly, SFDC etc.)
- Power user proficiency with the MS Office suite (especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint). There will be an Excel Test as part of the interview process.
- Proven ability to consume, make sense of and structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations.
- Knowledge/application of R and SQL and familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS) is a plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.