Senior Product Marketing Manager, Infrastructure Monitoring & Logging
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We're looking to add a new node to the Product Marketing cluster, focusing on go to market activity around the logging, infrastructure metrics, and APM use cases. In this role you will be a trusted thought partner to the product management and field teams, working closely on jointly defining the outbound strategy to drive the adoption of Elastic technology in these observability related use cases. To be successful in this role you will need to be comfortable with the technical aspects of your products and the markets they play in, as well as the creative aspects of positioning technology through stories that are compelling, authentic, and engaging.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting messaging and content for Elastic Logs, Elastic Infrastructure, and Elastic APM
- Enabling the field on our products and solutions, through training and content
- Defining and executing the GTM strategy for new launches & campaigns
- Measuring and tracking KPIs to track the launch and effectiveness of the campaign
- Maintaining a subset of competitive analysis in the observability segment
- Attending trade shows and other events to help showcase our products
- Some travel is required
What You Will Bring:
- Direct experience with logging, infrastructure monitoring, APM and related use cases, and associated target audiences (monitoring, devops, observability teams, SREs, etc)
- Curiosity about the “how” of technology to tell compelling stories about the “why”
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience
- Proven ability to craft engaging content, including blog posts, presentations, videos, etc.
- Strong communication skills, with experience presenting to audiences big and small
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed team
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Elastic Stack is preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable marketing to mix of developers and business audiences
- Prior experience in a more technically hands-on role (developer, sales engineer, consultant, etc) is a bonus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: