Senior Product Manager, Elastic Cloud (Saas)
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to focus on the SaaS Cloud offerings of Elastic. Elastic Cloud is the fastest growing product in the Elastic Stack and this person will provide meaningful thinking to the future roadmap and customers who rely on it.
If you are passionate about SaaS and cloud specifically, we would enjoy talking with you!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work together with the Cloud Product Management team, engineering, customers, other internal stakeholders to position and grow Elastic Cloud.
You will capture market competitive and trend data, customer feedback, customer usage data, and other key information to develop product insights and help drive the product roadmap.
In addition, you will:
- Develop detailed use-cases and product requirements, working closely with the engineering team through the design, development, and product deployment process
- Independently measure product KPIs, which will drive process improvements and future product features
- Build relationships with cloud vendors
- Understand and remedy customer needs by interacting directly with customers, reading and understanding support tickets, and listening for valuable feedback
- Support product marketing and sales enablement to craft customer focused messaging and content
What You Bring Along:
- You have 4+ years in product management for a SaaS product(s) and have a deep understanding of SaaS and IaaS domains, ideally developer-targeted SaaS products.
- Some development hacking skills which translates to the ability to dive deeply into the technical understanding of how a product works.
- Ability to understand customer needs, build customer value and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing
- Experience crafting high quality sales and customer-facing content including presentations and web copy as well as guiding the product marketing team to create content
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Experience working with user tracking and web marketing tools (Mixpanel, VWO, Intercom, GA, Heatmaps)
- Experience with search, logging, and analytics products in the big data ecosystem (Elasticsearch, Solr, Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark etc)
- Experience working in a distributed organization
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: