Senior Product Manager - SQL & Clients - Elasticsearch
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're looking to add a new node to the Elastic Product cluster as part of the Elasticsearch Product Management team. In this role, you will want to make sure developers and users can access the data in Elasticsearch no matter what programming language or tool they prefer. This means you and your engineering team have to build best-in-class client libraries in a variety of programming languages as well as integrations with systems that use SQL. Together, we develop our own SQL interpretation layer as well as drivers for ODBC and JDBC for 3rd party integrations.
To be successful in this role, you need to be well versed in how developers work with data systems and RESTful APIs across various programming languages. You will work closely with our engineering teams to plan and prioritize client library and Elasticsearch SQL features and with product marketing, sales, and our users to evangelize them. The ultimate goal of your role is to make Elasticsearch more accessible and easier to use by the millions of software developers, data analysts, and business owners.
What You Will Do:
- Work with customers on understanding how they use programming languages to interact with Elasticsearch and bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our partnership, engineering, and legal teams to make our Elasticsearch SQL interpreter layer works with various 3rd party applications like BI tools
- Work alongside product marketing on demos showcasing our search features and with our sales, support, and consultants to ensure they understand the new features engineering is developing
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Elasticsearch for business intelligence and business analytics use cases
What you bring along:
- You deeply understand how developers use data systems in their preferred programming languages.
- You have prior history working with SQL and partnering with 3rd party companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- If you'd bring open source software and/or commercial open source companies experience, that would be fantastic.
Who You Are:
- Curious, collaborative, and empathetic
- Comfortable working in a highly distributed team
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: