Ingest - Senior Product Manager Beats
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We’re looking to add a new Product Management node to the Elastic Product cluster. At Elastic, we believe that the data analytics journey starts with data ingestion, and real-time insights requires data to be ingested scalably, securely, and ready for immediate usage in Elasticsearch. Beats are a suite of lightweight data shippers that enable users to collect and ship all types of data from logs and metrics to wire and security data.
As a Senior Product Manager for Beats, you’ll be involved in all things data collection and ingest, from directly impacting the roadmap to the overall go-to-market strategy. If you’re passionate about data ingestion and want to democratize data for all with open source software, then this job is for you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Engage with customers, users, and internal teams to understand use cases and product requirements, bringing those insights back to engineering
- Work with our engineers and designers on features across all Beats (Filebeat, Metricbeat, Functionbeat, etc.) like growing integrations, improving the core engine, and taking ease of use to the next level with centralized management capabilities
- Work with product marketing to showcase our ingest features and educate our global sales, support, and consulting teams
- Track and improve KPIs around adoption and usage of Beats
What You Bring Along
- 2+ years of proven track record in product management
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Technical understanding of data ingestion mechanics and architecture
- Prior experience with data collection agents or stream analytics products
- Curiosity, empathy, and a collaborative spirit
In Addition, You May Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in software development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
- Hands-on experience with logging, metrics, and/or security analytics products and its audiences (Operations, Data Science, DevOps, SecOps, InfoSec)
- Comfort working with a highly distributed team across the world
- Open source software and/or commercial open source company experience
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack along with its products and use cases
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: