Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related competency
- 6+ years experience in Finance or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Deal Desk, Sales Finance, and/or Sales Operations
- MBA a plus, but not required
- Strong attention to detail while multitasking
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- Financial and/or Revenue knowledge regarding SaaS or similar business model company is a plus
- Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, and/or Hindi language skills a plus, but not required.
- Act as a business leader and partner to Sales and Finance in developing strategies for complex deals with a focus on financial and revenue compliance
- Execute against and maintain APJ (continental Asia, Japan, Korea, Australia and New Zealand) geographic Deal Desk support framework
- Enforce and manage approvals for non-standard deals and effectively collaborate across Sales, Finance, and Legal
- Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support sales efforts
- Strong presence and communication with Sales and Finance leadership
- Ability to lead sales enablement, deal optimization, profitability and strategic positioning
- Drive and execute decision reviews, approvals, and executing across competencies (quoting, legal, revenue, etc.)
- Collaborate and work with global Deal Desk leadership to deliver consistent and exceptional support to our sales organization
- Assess and define long term strategy for the Deal Desk team and business
- High-energy, team-first attitude: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business
- Propose and define complex deal structures
- Assess Financial and revenue risk on non-standard deals and understand and embed financial/legal compliance
- Propose and incorporate custom terms and legal edits into order forms and contract documents
- Coordinate and manage cross-departmental approvals outside of standard systematic workflow
- Maintain and update playbook of deal types for different offerings for pre-approved non-standard selling scenarios
- Maintain and update repository of legal language templates for non-standard deals for specific offerings
- Understand and enforce revenue recognition policies across all deals.
- Define business requirements and create customer on-boarding verification processes
- Create and manage systematic CRM workflows around Deal Desk sales engagement and Revenue team alerting for non-standard orders
- Conduct due diligence and construct financial and legal requirements for changes in existing offerings and launch of new offerings
- Identify gaps in current Deal Desk processes (both operational and systematic) and create improvements for efficiencies
- General experience in building IT requirements and enhancements, and project management.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.