Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Elastic Services Sales Partner (SSP) is a proven expert focused on accelerating our Customer’s time to business value through Elastic’s expert professional services & enablement. Through the SSP’s relentless pursuit of positioning the right services strategy to our customers they will become a trusted advisor to the customer, field teams and CSG leadership. Reporting to the Director of Services within their region, this individual will partner with the Sales Account Team to position outcome-oriented services offerings for their customers - often requiring customized value propositions. They will be responsible for crafting a services territory strategy, generating proposals and/or statements of work to meet customer needs, and ensuring the customer is satisfied with their Elastic Services investment. The SSP will work with all Elastic stakeholders to understand and support our customers throughout their lifecycle, driving adoption through services engagements for both new and existing customers. The primary measurement of success for this role will be attainment against a Services bookings target, of agreed customers, and the associated new and & expansion ACV from our services engagements. The SSP is also expected to practice extreme ownership of their territory across pipeline development, field-play alignment, forecasting and contributing to continuous innovation of the SSP function.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building & Fostering Strong Relationships – Develop deep relationships with customers by tailoring the appropriate services strategy aligned to our customers’ objectives which will increase adoption and long-term success with Elastic Solutions.
- Mastery of your Profession - Exceed Services growth and bookings targets. Our Services drive customer health and our customers should be extremely satisfied with their investment in Elastic Services. Support success plans with a Services POV for portfolio of accounts and proactively work with customers to establish and achieve critical goals
- Pursue Customer Operational Excellence - Working with the “Elastic Advocates” and our Services delivery teams drive to continuously position the right Services which amplify the value of Elastic products while enhancing customer capabilities on our products
- Becoming a Strategic Advisor & Driving Customer Advocacy – Establish a trusted advisor relationship with each assigned customer and create "Elastic Advocates” while transferring knowledge from Services engagements to the broader sales organization
- Account Team PMO & Services Proposals – For select engaged customers, drive the discovery, ideation and delivery process and next steps with the account team and the customer. Agree with the Director of Services the strategy and the required capacity. Develop and deliver Statements of Work aligned to and ensuring customer value is achieved, based on project milestones and key agreed upon outcomes and approved by the Director of Services. The SSP is responsible for owning the Services bid, negotiation and close process, working closely with our Account Executives. Our customers should be extremely satisfied with their investment in Elastic Services.
- Demonstrating Elastic Proficiency – Remain up-to-date on Elastic solutions and products and maintain familiarity to all Company methods and procedures
- Utilize industry expertise and business acumen to understand a customer's motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and objectives, and desired business outcomes
- Engage customers, especially C-Level to C-level -2;, using a consultative selling approach that positions Elastic and yourself as a long-term trusted advisor relationship
- Create a compelling vision and clearly communicate our transformative solutions with the goal of generating significant success and business value from a customer's investment in the Elastic Platform
- Manage, create and negotiate services bid focused on outcomes aligned to milestones tied to the overall vision of the customers’ project and aligned with Services Delivery
- Develop and manage a Services territory plan and a personalized strategy for each customer, which aligns with their business goals. Forecast Services accurately and timely, build a pipeline and progress opportunities to deliver YOY revenue growth
- Form a strong relationship with the License Sales organization and regional Alliances/Partner organizations that are instrumental to success and N&E growth
- Minimum of 8-12 years experience in relevant professional services, pre-sales, or software business development functions and professional services delivery
- Excels at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Proficiency in the value and delivery aspects of the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- History of out-performing services, sales or solutions sales quotas with a defined territory
- Demonstrable experience of owning complex negotiations across terms, contract structure and associated deliverables
- Track record of contributing to the growth of a services business through actions such as: developing best practices, improving sizing, advancing offerings, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $135,900 and $186,900, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.