Observability - Senior Product Manager - Logging
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
The Observability team is in charge of developing solutions that focus on application developers and engineers that run infrastructure and services supporting these applications. Elasticsearch is an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The Observability team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, and Logs solutions. When developing these solutions, we think about the problem end-to-end: how do we automatically collect data from common data sources, store it efficiently in Elasticsearch, present this information to the user, correlate and enhance across data sources, what actions do we take on the insights from the data? All of these aspects are important in bringing a turnkey solution to the market.
As a Senior Product Manager responsible for the logging use case, you'll be involved with everything related to log analytics at Elastic, from directly impacting the roadmap to the go-to-market strategy. If you're passionate about working with massive amounts of logs and events, and want to work on open source log analytics with the Elastic Stack, this job is for you!
You would be working on
- Engage with customers to understand use-cases and product requirements
- Perform competitive analysis of the log analytics landscape
- Enable sales and marketing to effectively speak to this use case
- Drive roadmap by working with customers, internal teams and the community
- Work with engineers and designers on the Kibana Logs UI product
- Work with the Elasticsearch team on benchmarking and optimizing the logging use case
- Write technical product updates and presentations
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience in development, DevOps, solutions architecture, or pre-sales engineering
- 2+ years in product management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world
- Experience scoping and defining requirements for full-stack products (data ingest, data storage, and UI)
- Experience with leading centralized log analytics products on the market
- Familiarity with the Elastic Stack
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: