At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
About the Role:
Elastic Cloud is a fully managed service
for the Elastic Stack, Security, Observability, and Enterprise Search solutions, and we are looking for a Senior Engineer to guide our Growth Engineering/User Journey team.
Our service is operated at planet scale - across major Cloud providers in 50 plus regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for thousands of customers in every industry! The Growth Engineering team is a full stack team of engineers that is responsible for product-led growth - discoverability of our product, conversion, expansion and retention. Our team works hard to reduce friction through our users journey and provide onboarding experiences that showcases the value of the Elastic platform. You will have front-row seats in supporting the high growth of a SaaS product and the opportunity to work in an impactful, cross-team setting!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Authoring code on a team of engineers supporting the Growth Engineering team’s mission.
- Spend time reviewing and writing design documents, reviewing Pull Requests and exploring new implementation ideas.
- Collaborate with teams across Elastic to implement APIs and integrations that serve the needs of several teams.
- Partner with engineering teams from AWS, GCP and Azure to integrate natively into their control planes, messaging and analytical services.
- Foster a culture of mutual respect and collaborative decision-making
What You Bring Along:
- In-depth knowledge and 4+ years of experience developing software in Scala/Java.
- A strong customer focus for building SaaS products that are simple and intuitive to use
- You care deeply about the resiliency of the services and quality of the features your team ships
- Experience developing elegant, easy to use APIs for internal and external consumption
- Experience working with any of Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
What Would Be A Great Addition:
- User of Elasticsearch - understand data modeling, aggregations and querying capabilities
- Experience in user identity management and SSO
- Curiosity about SaaS business metrics like growth, churn and retention
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.