Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
CRM Engineering Team Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The CRM engineering team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Sr Salesforce Architect to join our growing CRM IT team. As Elastic has grown, our CRM platform (Salesforce) has evolved and we need specialists in key areas of our tooling supporting specific areas of our business. In this role you will be joining an existing and growing CRM IT team that consists of highly skilled resources across the globe. You will start as an individual contributor, but may have additional direct reports in the future. Salesforce has already been implemented on this team, however they are expanding their Salesforce footprint across additional commercialized products that need to be built on Salesforce’s platform. Therefore your role will include doing road mapping sessions with the business, and being responsible for driving the team and delivery. The CRM Eng team is highly collaborative therefore a collaborative and team minded personality is necessary in order to be successful within this group. We are looking for an outstanding individual who has a deep understanding of Salesforce products, customisation, development, and integration into other systems. This role as a Sr Salesforce Architect you will most likely be the most technical role on the project and must not just hold expert knowledge on the Salesforce platform, but also surrounding technologies that may be integrated into Salesforce.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as a trusted advisor, drive conversations with our business stakeholders and IT technical resources armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as security, performance, development process, and application governance.
- Design & document flexible, scalable, and robust state-of-the-art architecture for Customer Relationship Management to meet the dynamic needs using Salesforce including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and CPQ
- Identify and recommend Salesforce based solutions, integration points and related implementation architecture for business usage improvements, scalability and performance
- Review and correct project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Use various Salesforce development technologies to build and maintain solutions including: process builder, flow, workflow, APEX, VisualForce, Lightning, Community, Workflows, Triggers, API, SOSL, SOQL, REST, App builder.
- Provide technical guidance to technical resources onshore and offshore developers and administrators in the form of code review, solution design, and recommended training and development plans.
- Research integration issues and work closely with IT team members on helping build long term solutions
- Advise and mentor CRM technical staff on both general best practices for Salesforce implementation and scaling efforts, as well as how to best meet project and Elasti’s business needs.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex system functionality for the business user.
- Collaborate with Salesforce product owners to understand and guide Agile scrum teams to the best scalable and secure solution
- Identify opportunities and suggest ways to optimize and automate key processes, including the scheduling of deployments and batch data imports.
- Define and implement optimal governance structures, architectural standards, and compliance processes within the CRM Domain to ensure conformance of all technology projects.
- Define the CRM system landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver solutions
- Understand and own document artifacts the underlying Salesforce architecture and interfacing systems including: NetSuite, Data Warehouse, and Marketing tooling (this is not the entire list)
What You Bring Along:
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, and participate in technology communities, including Salesforce.
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- Understand limitations of the Salesforce platform, especially where large data volumes are concerned.
- Can identify risks associated with development, including scalability, performance, or security issues.
- Take initiative, aren’t afraid to fail, ask thoughtful questions, and constantly seek better ways of ways to design and solution on the Salesforce platform
- Have a positive yet practical attitude. You are willing to take on any task that might help take one of our products a little further.
- Ability to present architecture options and recommendations including configuration vs. customization
- Experience in evangelizing and facilitating the Salesforce platform and ecosystem across the organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Have a knack for listening and interpreting large business asks and and then turning them into action
- 5+ years of architecture experience including integration tooling
- 5+ years of experience leading large, complex/critical technology projects
- 5 years of experience in the Salesforce platform, developing solutions and leading architecture and solution design for projects
- 3+ years of experience influencing strategy for large organizations
- 5+ years of experience leading and mentoring others
- Salesforce certifications: Admin, Advance Admin, Platform Developer 1, CPQ Specialist, Application Architect, and System Architect.
- Other Salesforce certifications- Integration Architect Designer and Platform Dev 2
- Experience with Salesforce CPQ
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Experience in interfacing with Salesforce applications for Tableau data visualization and business intelligence products
- Being awesome
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $135,900 and $186,900, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.