Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Business Systems Overview
The Sr. Manager, Sales Business Technology acts as a principal technology advisor to our marketing, sales, and finance organizations. In this role, you will oversee a team of business systems analysts who support our campaign to quote processes, and provide the business architecture and technology guidance that supports our GTM stack all the way from lead generation to bookings.
This role is a fit for you if you have a deep knowledge of the Sales and Marketing stack, particularly Salesforce, Marketo, Lead Flow Processes, Partner Portals, Salesforce CPQ, and Integrations. You are keen to use your expertise to improve processes and deliver designs that help us showcase scale and simplicity to our internal users, prospects, and customers. You have a passion for design, architecture, process, and automation, and you pride yourself on bringing a strategic lens to agile development: you enjoy crafting thoughtful technology plans which balance the needs of today against the scale for tomorrow. In short, you’re excited and motivated by authoring solutions that drive business growth.
In addition to your technical chops, you have past experience managing a team of business systems analysts, and you possess a personal management philosophy that has a track record of creating inclusive, collaborative, high-performing teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Bring a design-centered approach to your partnerships with our stakeholders to enhance and optimize our technology stack through defining business architecture, driving enhancements, developing plans for maintenance and contributing to the IT roadmap.
- Define a strategy that enables your analysts to document processes, procedures, requirements, and design as it relates to our lead to bookings flows. You are technically savvy and can offer them the right guidance and advice on how to design and solution, and you proactively identify and triage where these things could improve to keep us moving forward.
- Help your team maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, and you understand functional impacts across different applications and processes.
- Create business process and business architecture documents, and you can translate complex technical processes into the language of your business users. You’ve presented frequently for executive audiences and you know how to tell a compelling story.
- Help your team and extended delivery teams clear roadblocks related to requirements, design, testing, and delivery, and you can step in to help a teammate out at any stage of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate well with program and project managers, as well as delivery teams and release management to help scope and sequence work to come up with a plan that is rooted in reality and set up for success.
- Collaborate closely with BSAs, technical architects, and developers to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- Adapt to the changing priorities of a high growth business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
What You Bring Along:
- 8+ years of experience in business systems analysis, business operations, or business solutions architecture focused on the Salesforce stack, within a SaaS or IaaS company operating at 1B or more in revenue.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: territory operations, lead flow, account management, opportunity management, sales process or motions, operations and compensation, quote-to-cash.
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick), Financialforce PSA, and knowledge of one or more boundary systems (Marketo, Impartner, Netsuite, Xactly).
- Understanding of best practices for Salesforce Lightning and past experience with a Lightning migration and transformation.
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions between Salesforce and its boundary applications.
- You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and are confident influencing and driving roadmaps and plans that lead to software delivery success.
- Deep understanding of the sales process and subscription lifecycle. You consider yourself a lead-to-cash pro.
- You have supported a broad range of go-to-market functions, including but not included to sales, marketing, partners, sales development, solutions architects, professional services, legal, and deal desk.
- You are comfortable establishing a strong rapport with senior management, and capable of aligning to their goals and objectives to craft long-term technology solutions that support their needs.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and design thinking skills.
- You understand multi-channel, multi-term, multi-payment offerings in a SaaS context, and realize that selling is a team sport that engages multiple organizations.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator and collaborator within your own team and beyond.
- Expertise fitting requirements and process to an architecture and design that optimizes for efficiency and impact. You’re passionate about documentation.
- Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations.
- You’ve managed a team before; you are an empathetic, engaged manager.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $135,900 and $186,900, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.