Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as a liaison between IT and business stakeholders to help build solutions needed to scale and support our business. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the business architecture and processes that support our product and pricing teams through product launches and help our field teams as they quote and sell. Using your knowledge of the Salesforce CPQ platform, you will work with business partners, end-users, and their management teams to improve processes and workflows, draft requirements that help us scale and showcase simple perfection to our users. You bring a strategic lens to agile development and craft thoughtful technology roadmaps that balance today's needs versus future scale. This role is for you if you possess a blend of business engagement skills, passion for technology and automation, attention to details, critical thinking, and a strong desire to contribute to solutions that drive business growth.
What you will be doing:
- Bring a design-centered approach to your partnerships with sales, operations, pricing, deal desk, and finance to optimize our CPQ implementation, plan for maintenance, and define enhancements.
- You document processes, procedures, and design as it relates to CPQ processes and system architecture. You proactively identify and triage where these things could improve and keep us moving forward.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow and reporting.
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases and enablement plans as needed for the engagement.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing; and assist in solving to identify the root cause of defects in the system.
- Work with management, Project Managers and Application Development team to scope work and produce estimates.
- Collaborate closely with architects and other BSA resources to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment, and are able to work remotely and independently. You prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change, and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
- Assist with system configuration and user setup as needed. You may help set up fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, and dashboards.
What you bring along (Technical Skills):
- 6+ years of experience in Business Systems Analysis and Design with Salesforce solution
- 4+ years of experience with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick).
- Experience designing and supporting large scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Hands on experience of CPQ functionality including Product setup, Product Options, Product configuration & rules, Pricing, Discounting and Quote templates. Experience with Conga or contract management systems is a bonus.
- Experience in developing business process and requirements for integrating CPQ with boundary systems (e.g. NetSuite)
- Deep understanding of overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles.
- Deep understanding on CPQ and Quote-to-Cash processes.
- Understanding of Opportunity Management & Order Management processes.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Understanding of multi-channel offerings, particularly SaaS and subscription products.
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Deep experience and expertise translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high impact systems
- Passion for exceptional documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
- Must be able to explain complex systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentations
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $94,400 and $129,800, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.