Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The CRM engineering team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
We are looking to hire a Quality Assurance test engineer to grow the CRM QA function. The ideal candidate is looking to make an impact by formalizing testing for this critical program. They have a background in Salesforce, and show a fundamental understanding of our functional requirements with the ability to build out and help mature our QA function relying on experience and judgment to ensure the appropriate level of quality is incorporated into our CRM implementations. The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency with a highly collaborative approach, exhibiting excellent problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead and manage multiple CRM implementations in a test lead capacity using onshore/offshore models.
- Must be able to to take charge of this program with a ‘go getter’ attitude to bring maturity
- to our overall testing strategy
- Lead internal defect triage calls
- Assist customer with UAT planning as needed
- Assist with UAT defect triage calls
- Maintain and communicate QA metrics to internal and customer stakeholders via status/metrics reports
- Define, develop and analyze test plans, create and execute tests, communicate issues/findings, manage defects, document test results, generate test reports, conduct release readiness reviews, and review documentation
- Test end to end use cases and data flow with multiple systems (Salesforce, Integration testing, NetSuite etc).
- Working with a cross functional team in IT building out the end to end test cases
- Running all test scenarios for the program including various scenarios with different outcomes expected.
- Analyze requirements, design documents and use cases in order develop, modify and execute test cases/scenarios to ensure functional requirements have been satisfied
- Define, build, modify and execute automated tests for regression test coverage of business process testing, utilizing tools such as Provar/Selenium
- Adheres to best practices in testing and automation while continuing to improve the quality and productivity of our testing practices
- Participating in our agile development process with our team of Salesforce and other IT developers.
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ Experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing, test scenarios and test case design, development and maintenance
- Has taken on lead role in running complete end to end testing for SIT and UAT project timelines
- Experience in manual functional/End to End, regression test design and execution of Salesforce and other SaaS systems
- Strong understanding of Salesforce capabilities, proven configuration/testing experience with Salesforce App, Salesforce Integrations and Lightning
- Hands on experience developing automated tests using Provar/Selenium or any automation tool
- Analyzing requirements and design documents and use cases, in order to develop, modify, execute test scenarios and test cases to ensure functionality is covered. Have a knack for listening and interpreting user requirements and then turning them into action.
- Maintaining documentation of test results and execution status to communicate to IT stakeholders, PM, BA, Dev, Team Lead
- Ensure adherence to quality testing best practices, standards and project deadlines
- Experience with SOQL/SQL - familiarity and comfort with querying data
- Demonstrates expert understanding of and experience with QA best practices, processes and methodologies and their application in an enterprise environment.
- The ability to access ways for the team to improve and streamline our testing processes from a people and technology perspective
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to focus on deadlines, deliverables, accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally
- Expert level knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle, Knowledge of Agile development practices and sprint delivery model
- Should have the ability to understand how different processes connect to each other. So if an issue/bug impacts one area, but breaks another story, this candidate should use the inputs/outputs of a process flow to help solve these issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Salesforce certifications
- Agile experience
- Web services testing (Rest/Soap)
- Experience with Jenkins, GitHub and/or other DevOps tools
- Any developer experience on the Salesforce platform or other web application platforms
- Knowledge of Salesforce environment refresh approaches and best practices
- Being awesome
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $94,400 and $129,800, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.