At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are looking for a Business Systems Analyst (BSA), CPQ to act as a liaison between IT and business stakeholders to help build solutions needed to scale and support our business. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the business architecture and processes that support our product and pricing teams through product launches and help our field teams as they quote and sell. Using your knowledge of the Salesforce CPQ platform, you will work with business partners, end-users, and their management teams to improve processes and workflows, and draft requirements that help us scale and showcase simple perfection to our users.
You’re not afraid to learn new systems or understand how tool integrations can be used to further support the Quote-to-Cash lifecycle. You are technically savvy, proactively communicate and anticipate your partners' needs, have a passion for technology and automation, value attention to detail, and aren’t afraid to dive into scenarios with little background knowledge. You make strong recommendations that drive improvements.
What you will be doing:
- You are proficient in Salesforce CPQ features and functionality
- Bring a design-centered approach to your partnerships with sales, operations, pricing, deal desk, and finance to optimize our CPQ implementation, plan for maintenance, and define enhancements.
- You craft functional requirements for projects, and assist with feature design, requirements gathering, documentation, and end-user testing for projects and feature requests; you translate complex technical processes into the language of your business users.
- Assist with system configuration and user setup as needed. You may help set up fields, workflows, roles/permissions, page layouts, custom objects, custom record types, reports, and dashboards.
- Maintain a holistic view of all business system processes and users, to understand functional impacts with regard to configuration, process, workflow, and reporting.
- You can explain sophisticated systems and technical topics in a clear, concise manner to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written, and visual presentations.
- Experience in creating/updating system documentation including configuration changes, data mapping requirements, functional designs, test cases, and enablement plans as needed for the engagement.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit-functional testing, and assist in solving to identify the root cause of defects in the system.
- You prepare presentations and documentation of existing and future technical processes.
- You find opportunities and communicate proactively with partners on projects and feature requests, and you make recommendations that support company themes and team goals.
- You participate and assist in key IT projects and ad-hoc projects; you update BSAs on related work that impacts other areas of the business; you collaborate on cross-team initiatives.
- You are comfortable in a distributed, diverse environment; you are able to work remotely and independently; you prioritize your own tasks and collaborate with others to ensure that work is done in a timely manner, with a sharp eye for quality and scale.
- You like change and can adapt to the changing priorities of the business. You see yourself as a life-long learner and proactively develop new skills.
What you bring along:
- 3+ years of experience in business systems analysis, business operations, or business solutions architecture focused on the Salesforce stack, within a SaaS or IaaS company.
- 2+ years of experience with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick).
- Experience designing and supporting large-scale, technically complex solutions on Salesforce and associated ecosystem
- Hands-on experience with CPQ functionality including Product setup, Product Options, Product configuration & rules, Pricing, Discounting, and Quote templates.
- Experience in developing business processes and requirements for integrating CPQ with boundary systems (e.g. NetSuite)
- Deep understanding of the overall Salesforce ecosystem
- You have a deep understanding of software testing with knowledge of building test plans and executing them in the unit, functional, and user acceptance test cycles.
- Deep understanding of CPQ and Quote-to-Cash processes.
- Understanding of Opportunity Management & Order Management processes.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Understanding of multi-channel offerings, particularly SaaS and subscription products.
- You have good interpersonal skills and are a strong communicator and collaborator within your own team and beyond.
- Attention to detail and work ethic for dealing with a variety of data structure and data integrity issues
- Deep experience and expertise in translating business requirements and processes into low friction automation and high-impact systems
- Passion for exceptional documentation including diagrams, standards, and project papers
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.