Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Enterprise Application Architect to lead in the transformation of Elastic’s global IT enterprise solutions spanning multiple business and application areas. This individual will act as a trusted and strategic thought leader as we collectively develop an IT roadmap incorporating target state architectures, process improvements, technology strategy, and the investments needed to achieve Elastic’s strategic goals.
- Translate business and technology goals into architectural designs; apply critical and innovative thinking to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts, frameworks, and patterns as references for various IT teams; develop and periodically review target architecture; influence and inform solution and data architectures
- Provide ongoing architecture review and design support to ensure all areas of IT are implementing solutions consistent with the target state architecture; ensure that solution architectures meet the requirements of projects and also aligns with the Enterprise Architecture roadmap.
- Lead architecture of large transformational initiatives and provide technical oversight and guidance to developers working on multiple projects
- Develop robust, scalable, and flexible solution architectures for various projects including crafting prototypes, building proofs of concept, and preparing architecture roadmaps
- Work with business technology, application delivery, integration and project team leaders to provide a cross-functional architectural view, bridging the gap between various teams and projects to make sure the solution architecture is integrated end-to-end; address cross-team and cross-domain architecture challenges and proactively resolve complexities across teams.
- Interact with and influence leaders in IT, engineering, and business functions; effectively rally cross-departmental teams to tackle difficult challenges; build relationships with other architects across organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural best practices.
- Participate in the evaluation and definition of the EA guiding principles and best practices
- Participate in the development of architectures, strategies, and policies around data governance; including master data management, metadata management, data quality and data profiling.
- 10+ years’ experience in information technology, including senior level experience in Enterprise Application Architecture (Business, Data & Application)
- Demonstrated success in participating in the development and implementation of a robust, scalable architecture that encompasses technology solutions and business objectives
- 7+ years’ experience designing and implementing enterprise-wide, complex business solutions to drive efficiency and scale with systems like Salesforce, Marketo/Eloqua, CPQ, Anaplan/Adaptive, NetSuite/SAP/Oracle, FinancialForce, Zuora, Stripe, RevPro.
- Experience developing enterprise architecture, mapping existing systems to it, and defining how to close gaps; experience creating roadmaps and architectural reference diagrams
- Prior experience with iPaaS and ETL platforms; Talend, Workato, Five Tran, Mulesoft
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and enhancing major enterprise business processes (e.g. Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Subscription Billing) and digital transformations in a high growth organization.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills to collaborate, champion, influence, evangelize and negotiate
- Ability to influence business leaders with respect to business architecture direction and technologists with respect to technology direction.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; experience working effectively on virtual teams
- Strong leadership skills; management, leading and mentoring team experience
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and able to apply them to new business designs and business models
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Strong understanding and experience with implementing modern application solutions by executing programs at scale leveraging Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in driving projects when the approach, challenges, and key objectives start out very unclear
- Demonstrated experience with compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, etc.)
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.