Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Business Systems Overview
We’re always on the search for amazing people. The Data & Integration Team consists of people who have real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We reflect the larger company philosophy, to solve data problems, but focus internally on the systems we build and the internal partners we support. Agile in our processes, we strive to push the boundaries of our best-of-breed platforms to build a world-class systems operation. Our team thinks smart, strategic and scalable, and will push you to do the same.
Currently, we are looking for a Sr. System Architect, Data and Integration (remote role ) to act as a liaison between IT and business/technical stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for leading our API strategy, and translating and mapping business use cases into API architectural designs between the IT systems and other departments (Engineering, Marketing, FieldOps, etc.) in the organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Understand the desired business strategy and outcome, and break it down into defined parts, including systems, processes, and functions
- Lead API strategy: Translate and map business use cases into API architectural designs; apply critical and innovative thinking to technology strategies that further business objectives while keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost
- Lead API design driven by business requirements: Collect and document requirements, design, architecture, communicate risks, issues, challenges
- Develop and maintain API organizations, API development methodology, and selection of API technology components, including API gateway
- Lead architecture of large transformational initiatives and provide technical oversight and guidance to developers working on multiple projects
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and flexible solution architectures for various projects, including crafting prototypes, building proofs of concept, and preparing architecture roadmaps
- Collaborate with business technology, application delivery, integration, and project team to provide a cross-functional architectural data view, bridging the gap between various teams and projects to make sure the architecture is integrated end-to-end
- Design and implement architectures, strategies, and policies around data governance, including master data management, metadata management, data quality, and data profiling
What You Bring With You:
- 7+ years experience in information technology, including senior-level experience in Architecture (System, Integration, Data & Application)
- Demonstrated success in participating in the development and implementation of a robust, scalable architecture that encompasses technology solutions and business objectives
- 5+ years experience designing, implementing, and system integration using API management / Gateway to drive efficiency and scale with systems like Salesforce, Marketo/Eloqua, CPQ, Anaplan/Adaptive, NetSuite/SAP/Oracle, FinancialForce, Zuora, Stripe, RevPro
- 2+ years of experience supporting and enhancing major processes (e.g., Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Subscription Billing) and digital transformations in a high-growth organization
- 2+ years of know-how in implementing security and identity protocols such as OpenID, TLS, OAuth, SAML, SSO, PKI (encryption and key management), REST
- Experience developing architecture, mapping existing systems to it, and defining how to close gaps; experience creating architectural reference diagrams
- Prior experience with iPaaS and ETL platforms; Talend, Workato, Five Tran, Mulesoft
- Experience in HTTP/HTTPS protocol, web services, and use of web servers
- Experience in designing relational databases, data warehouses, and SQL scripting
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills to collaborate, champion, influence, evangelize and negotiate
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization; experience working effectively on virtual teams
- Knowledge of existing, new, and emerging technologies and able to apply them to new business designs and business models
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Strong understanding and experience with implementing modern application solutions by executing programs at scale leveraging Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in driving projects when the approach, challenges, and key objectives start out very unclear
- Demonstrated experience with compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, etc.)
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.