Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are seeking an innovative, thoughtful and accomplished business technology leader to lead the team that architects and provides solutions for Elastic’s global Finance, FP&A and Field Compensation functions. Do you have a solid track record of delivering complex projects, building effective business partnerships, and leading business process transformations? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Providing leadership to a distributed team of business engagement managers, systems analysts, administrators, and engineers responsible for overall delivery of world-class Finance applications and solutions; effectively delegating work to the team for successful achievement of goals and objectives
- Coordinating with key leaders to facilitate the planning and road-mapping process, providing oversight of solutions delivery, resolving escalated issues, and facilitating communication on any critical issues while consistently demonstrating a service-oriented delivery approach
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders on how systems capabilities can solve their business problems. Working with leaders to translate business needs into technology solutions and striving for business clarity of strategy where needed
- Finding opportunities to inspire change. Enable simplified processes and lead implementation of new solutions to enhance delivery speed and product quality
- Building a robust team with a strong focus on business value, thought leadership, innovation and partnership with the business. Providing leadership and coaching, fostering accountability, innovation and teamwork.
- Evaluating emerging and new technologies. Actively collaborating with business partners to derive and drive value from existing and new system technology investments.
What You Bring With You:
- 15+ years managing and delivering Finance applications, preferably in high tech industry with a global team. 10+ years of direct management experience.
- Proven and current experience managing an expansive Finance application portfolio; NetSuite, Zuora RevPro, Xactly, Adaptive Planning, Salesforce.com (CPQ, Renewals, Revenue Contracts, etc.)
- QTC optimization and Usage-Based Billing experience preferred
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence; demonstrated strategic planning, critical thinking and influence skill
- Demonstrated record of partnering effectively with global and geographically distributed teams to successfully deliver business technology solutions
- Adept at inspiring behavior change through motivating teams, planning initiatives, designating priorities, and being decisive when faced with ambiguity
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.