Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are seeking an innovative, thoughtful, and accomplished leader to leverage our own products to craft a vision and direction for enterprise data and reporting at Elastic that matches our maturity, our scale, and our culture and execute on that vision. You will lead the distributed, global team of architects and engineers focused on building and maintaining Elastic’s Data Platform (which powers Reporting and Analytics) and the integration layer enabling our data to flow seamlessly across systems.
- Provide architectural leadership, vision and strategy for Data & Integrations at Elastic, ensuring scalability of systems, processes, and talent.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to develop roadmaps that align with business objectives/priorities and take into account resource availability.
- Assess our current tooling, scale and impact to identify gaps and facilitate the evaluation and selection of tools and technologies to meet the growing needs across Elastic
- Define the data architecture roadmap; design, build, deploy, and manage data and integration architecture across multiple technology platforms.
- Lead the design and implementation of enterprise data warehouse, data marts, and data stores, while ensuring high levels of data availability, quality and maintainability.
- Define SLA and operational model, working with the stakeholders and technology teams to ensure reliability, availability and operational excellence.
- Maintain a master data approach process including global consistency for data definitions, taxonomies and standards that improve data quality and integration across applications and functions.
- Define, refine and maintain ETL and integration principles, standards, and guidance to support analytics, business intelligence and application development needs.
- Proven leadership managing Data and Integration teams with focus on building and maintaining data platforms, integration pipelines and system connectedness.
- 10+ years of experience in database/data warehouse design, data modeling, development and management.
- Able to knowledgeably consult, collaborate and influence on approaches to systems integration, software development, APIs, API management, and data modeling
- Experience with Massive Parallel Processing (MPP); Google BQ preferred
- Prior experience with ElasticSearch products
- Prior experience with iPaaS and ETL platforms; Talend, Workato, Five Tran, Mulesoft
- Outstanding discernment with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value to the customer
- Consistent track record of coaching/mentoring individual contributors into more senior roles
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Influencing skills - ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels and across departments
- Experience developing strong business process, best practices, data life-cycles, and standard operating procedures
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.