Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are seeking an innovative, thoughtful, and accomplished Salesforce Dev manager to use Salesforce and other SaaS CRM tools to craft a team, process and direction for CRM with Elastic that matches our maturity, our scale, and our culture. Collaborating with the Senior Director of CRM you will lead the distributed, global team of Salesforce admins, CPQ, and FinancialForce admins focused on leading Elastic’s internal CRM support team in addition to project work for these tools in partnership with the CRM development team. We promote the configuration first mentality on SaaS products and this leader must be watchful for the unintended consequence of adding operational complexity by over-customizing our systems. You will perform day-to-day activities that include handling enhancements of business processes and driving operational efficiencies. As Salesforce is currently our primary system of record that supports not just sales roles but also functions as a platform for several critical operational business processes, the candidate will also serve as the domain expert for the administration of the Salesforce.com platform and direct manager of a locally based new Salesforce team.
- Lead and expand a team of high performing SaaS (Salesforce, CPQ etc) system developers and admins with a focus on business value and customer centricity.
- Serve as a point of escalation for your dev team including, production issues and hold your team to high quality standards
- Lead a scrum team of Salesforce professionals focusing on Service Cloud, but also will include some work on Sale Cloud
- Help drive the long term CRM strategy for Elastic’s users in partnership with CRM Senior Director.
- Be accountable for ensuring architectural design, and custom dev activities as well as responsible for enhancements, upgrades, data conversations, release updates, and reporting for multiple departments.
- Work closely with US based CRM Dev manager to drive consistent, predictable and stable enhancements to production for our end users
- Participate in the CRM wide governance framework, improving trends within the CRM platform (bugs, 3rd party app exchange)
- Lead professional development of your team through proper mentoring, leadership and career development planning.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business customers and partner IT teams. Having credible relationships across many of these partner teams will be key to this role.
- Handle all the new releases for multiple SaaS solutions which typically release new features multiple times a year.
- Look around the corner and connect any new SaaS features Elastic may be able to leverage and ensure proper testing is complete prior to go-live.
- Review complexities in our CRM systems and find simple solutions as it makes sense with a keen eye for configuration over code first.
- 5 -8 Years Salesforce Experience established and at least 4+ years of management experience in Salesforce delivery and team management within a larger project team
- Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to our customers.
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical
- Experience working with technical & functional resources and following an Agile based delivery methodology
- Interface and partner with Senior Management as well as junior level resources
- Ability to understand the business, business needs and identify areas for optimization
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, make decisions and build trust across the organization while delivering results with bold timelines
- Good social skills, as well as superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Demonstrate self-motivation and the ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Salesforce Certification required (Salesforce Admin, Advanced Admin, Service Cloud and Platform Dev 1)
- Data Management tools (Examples: DataLoader, Jitterbit, Mulesoft)
- Prior experience with Saas products such as Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, Lightning Migration, FinancialForce, Docusign and other 3rd party CRM applications
- Outstanding discernment with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value to our CRM end users
- Proven track record using data and metrics to drive objective based decisions to run many parts of your team
- Prior experience in using and understanding data and technical architecture artifacts to drive project decisions
- Salesforce certification (CPQ, PD2 and Security)
- Salesforce CPQ experience
- Tableau Reporting
- Vendor management experience
- Any relevant IT security experience
- Enterprise (>10,000 employees) relevant work experience
- Being awesome
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.