Global HR Operations Generalist
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a Global HR Operations Generalist to support our Human Resource Operations team. You love paying close attention to the details and thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment. You adapt quickly to HR curveballs - they just add a level of excitement to your day. You take both a global and granular view to ensure you have covered all of your bases. You use data to tell our story and technology to ensure its handled efficiently. You are a problem solver that focuses on responsiveness and delivering a high touch, "wow" experience. Employees you've supported walk away thinking "That was amazing..!" A sense of humor and humility are your biggest assets. Most of all, you completely understand that you are your work and get how passion and drive are contagious.
Our HR Operations team partners with each of our business functions to focus globally and act locally to build a support model that is consistent yet tailored to countries where things might need a different approach. Whether building or managing programs that help develop our Elasticians, you are exceptionally focused on putting our Elasticians first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help them understand how people decisions get made.
- Focus on simplicity through new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Provide consultative support to the team through developing processes, documentation and ongoing compliance related matters so we can focus on speed scale and relevance.
- Assists the team in building and implementing scalable solutions, policies and approaches that align with Elastic's Source code.
- You bring a disciplined approach and calmness to what you do which allows you to give different perspective or offer a helping hand if needed.
- Analytically driven; can tell a story through numbers and data
- Experience working on global projects focused on the enhancement of the employee lifecycle through process improvements, automation, data & insights
- You understand how to deliver a message tailored to your audience (everyone has an accent). This is especially important given we have employees in almost every country around the globe.
- You want to have fun at work but also able to put in your earbuds and dig deep when you have a deadline or finishing up a project.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree plus 3+ years of HR administration experience
- Workday experience is a requirement.
- Have experience in handling onboarding, offboarding, employee changes and ensuring everything is handled seamlessly from a HR systems and payroll point of view
- Naturally approachable, dynamic and people focused
- Accountability is top of your strengths: you come up with solutions and you take ownership of problems, get things done, and keep partners informed
- Integrity, transparency and honesty are some of your most important characteristics which you demonstrate with ease. Exercising confidentiality, neutrality in complex and sensitive situations is one of your best assets.
Additional Information about Elastic:
- Competitive pay, benefits and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: