At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
As a Senior Analyst for our Workday HR Systems, the successful candidate will help us to support our global workforce in using and optimizing our Workday usage.
Partnering closely with HR, leadership and multi-functional teams, you’ll support our strategic approach to global HCM systems and administration.
If you thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business, get ready to dig in.
This is a distributed ( remote ) role and can based throughout the United States
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for a Workday configuration expert that can drive projects to support US Payroll, Time Tracking and additional modules. Your strong communications skills and your customer-centric perspective will enable you to deliver powerful tools to continue to move and scale our programs and organization.
Your Areas Of Focus Will Include
Projects & Enhancements
- Configure and administer all global HR systems, with an emphasis on configuring Workday US Payroll and Time Tracking modules.
- Partner with the broader team to deliver process and system enhancements to improve the overall experience of the end user.
- Act as consultant to partners in the development of project scope, offering technical expertise, solutions, considerations, and expected outcomes.
- Identify critical risks, issues, changes, problems or delays to the project teams, sponsors & steering committees and leadership as needed.
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with vendors, consultants, project teams, business SMEs and other involved parties to address support and project activities.
- Ensure quality in the delivery of projects and enhancements by leading testing efforts, producing comprehensive documentation and adhering to change management processes.
- Build strong relationships with project teams and partners, as domain expert and trusted advisor.
System Maintenance & Optimization
- Proactively identifies opportunities. Capable of proposing and driving projects that enhance and optimize Elastic’s usage of Workday.
- Ensure data integrity by adhering to and implementing data architecture and governance models.
- Support and fix issues with integrations to third party vendors.
- Identify areas of improvement, proposing enhancements and partnering with stakeholders to design solutions and action plans.
- Analyze system and data failures to identify and contribute to operational efficiency and control needs.
- Connect with our internal partners to understand and manage the business problems they are solving and translate those into well documented, detailed actions.
- Monitor reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and actively identifies potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements.
- Create and maintain internal HRIS standard operating procedures (SOPs) and communicate system functionality and processes through those standards.
- Participate in security activities for HR systems by partnering with vendors and Information Security as well as, maintaining and/or creating accurate security role permissions.
- Provide support to end users by providing troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and critical issue management.
What You Bring Along
- A passion for fast-paced and dynamic environments, the ability to thrive in ambiguity and devote a diversified global view to all you do.
- A curious nature that wants to dive-in and solve complicated problems.
- Possess intellectual curiosity, having the ability to see beyond what the customers want to deliver what they need.
- A proficiency in optimizing processes and programs with a keen understanding of the balance between structure and flexibility.
- Independent problem solver, able to learn fast and comfortable taking calculated risks.
And Some Of The Basics
- 3-5 years of Workday experience (mandatory)
- Configuration knowledge of Payroll and Time Tracking Modules (additional modules a plus)
- Knowledge of Workday configuration standards and best practices (mandatory)
- Experience with data maintenance concepts and EIBs (mandatory)
- Prior experience supporting integrations to third party vendors is a plus.
- Testing experience (both end-to-end and user acceptance; mandatory)
- Project management skills (mandatory)
- Strong Excel skills. No mouse needed!!
- Experience working in a global organization
- Strategic, critical problem solver who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $89,000 and $122,400, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.