At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The role will be located in the EMEA or APJ region and will work closely with the HR Business Partners (HRBP), serve as a coach and advocate to front-line Managers and employees collaborating with other ER Partners located in EMEA, APJ and AMER regions.
- Provides analysis and resolution of employee concerns with increasing complexity, visibility and risk related to policy or code violations while collaborating with managers, legal, HR and other relevant stakeholders. Effectively evaluates all aspects and makes recommendations from a position of neutrality.
- Provide end to end ER management with a focus on consistent treatment of employees across the Region encompassing progressive performance management, workplace investigations, performance improvement plans, absence management and grievances.
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to front line managers on topics from performance management and critical conversations to delivering feedback and developing employees and teams
- Play a key role in the development roll out of new initiatives and projects that support manager excellence
- Deliver relevant business solutions, tools, and resources to support and positively shape the Employee Relations experience.
- Ensure data integrity and analysis beyond the data. You help tell a story through the data which allows the team to gain insight and trends to actively engage with our managers and teams
- Partner with the Learning team to design, facilitate, and scale Manager Training that aligns with the Elastic way
- Drive consistencies in investigations, Performance Plans, Absence Management, and Grievance issues as required
- Partners with internal and external legal counsel as needed to ensure alignment with Elastic approach and in accordance with regional and country-specific rules and regulations.
- 6+ years of progressive HR experience focused on coaching and developing managers and handling employee related issues.
- Strong grasp on and experience in local and regional laws and guidelines.
- Direct employee relations investigation experience to include all aspects of investigation and resolution of complex issues. Global investigations experience is a plus.
- Capable of building strong relationships and rapport with leadership teams, global HR colleagues, employee representatives and external advisors
- Experience in conflict resolution, policy development, negotiation planning & implementation
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and lead multiple activities, projects and priorities across time-zones and geographies.
- Proven experience leading, decision making, documenting, and delivering solid, defensible ER investigation reports
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.