Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
You will partner closely with the Global HR Operations team, regional and functional HRBPs, under the leadership of the Director of Operations, EMEA & APJ, to drive all aspects of HR Operations in the APAC + Japan (APJ) region. You will have a particular focus on supporting our rapid growth in India and helping us scale our HR Operations there.
You like to operate in a structured way but can thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view, are data driven and you know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.
You think big, challenge convention and are excited to help us reinvent what we believe HR should be at Elastic.
- Take ownership for all of Elastic's HR Operations activities and programs, aligned with our overall goals and in sync with legal requirements in APJ, especially India. Including but not limited to:
- Be responsible for the excellent delivery of the operational HR life cycle within assigned responsibility countries region: from joiners to leavers, parental leaves to transfers, benefits enrolments, regional monthly payroll as well as the preparation of compliance documents and processes.
- Making an impact by being in control of our HR operational activities, including handling employee queries via our ticketing system for relevant countries
- Scan the compliance and legal landscape, to flag the meaningful HRIS and HR Operations projects in the region.
- Be an active team member in the HR Organisation and understand what matters to our people, at all levels within the organisation.
- Help us use the feedback captured to ensure our operations function is high-performing across the region.
- Work in alignment with the global operations team and regional HRBP team, to ensure that all activities run efficiently.
- Building your presence and connections regionally to ensure that the HR team remains aware of the most meaningful people topics amongst our various teams
- Work closely with our Recruitment Operations Team to guarantee a smooth transition of our people from being a candidate to an Elastic employee
- Participate in process improvement projects for the region
- Ensure that our HR systems are up to date
- Have passion for People and love to see them thrive in the workplace
- Find happiness in doing an excellent job and thrive as part of a team
- Have real ambition to improve the employee experience at Elastic in your region
- A steadfast problem-solver: you always focus on the positives and how to address challenges, rather than simply identifying them
- Are a skilled communicator with excellent self-awareness and clearly communicate across languages and cultures
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 year of experience in HR Operations, Compliance.
- The role is India-based and must have experience in an HR Operations role within APJ (experience in India is crucial, experience in other countries is highly desired)
- Experience handling statutory legal HR documentation in India and a good understanding of Indian employment regulations.
- Ability to partner effectively with HR Operations and other teams such as regional HRBPs (i.e., you can work in a matrix reporting environment)
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, and with employee representatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.