Director, Sales Finance
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for an exceptional Director, Sales Finance to join a newly formed finance team partnering with field operations.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will lead our Sales FP&A function, report into the VP, Finance, and grow our Sales FP&A activities in an extremely fast growing, dynamic, distributed software company. This is a high profile role with plenty of C-level visibility. This an opportunity to make a significant impact in one of the most exciting software companies around.
Some of the details you can expect in your day-to-day:
- Own the full spectrum of the sales P&L. Drive appropriate behaviour within the sales organization around planning, hiring, expense and cash management in a global environment
- Collaborate and drive the budgeting process ensuring realistic alignment on aggressive growth plans with a focus on execution and achievable objectives
- Partner with both sales and finance in creating and managing short and long term KPIs, forecasts, and business/Go To Market models
- Lead and run full commission cycle including analysis, reporting, administration and partnering with the Sales leadership team on design
- Mentor and grow other team members
What You Bring Along:
You're excited to share your progressive FP&A, SaaS, and public company experience to a newly public, fast-growing company.
Developing others would be a joy and your prior management track record sets you up to continue to build this team.
You're not afraid of a high-growth business and its fast-paced demands, building for scale, and management of stakeholders to ensure we're tracking in sync.
In addition, you have:
- Exceptional communication skills. You are able to speak confidently with C-Level execs and explain complex sales concepts to non-sales personnel across the organization
- Demonstrative initiative and creativity in problem solving and approaches to work
- Meticulous attention-to-detail combined with an inquisitive and analytical mindset
- Understanding of sales models and concepts, such as how commission structures work
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: