Billing Analyst EMEA
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for a dynamic Billings Analyst to join our Finance team. If you thrive in a role that provides you with an opportunity to make an impact, remain calm under pressure, and appreciate that, sometimes, a good sense of humour is important, this role may be for you!
What You Will Be Doing:
Currently, we are operating in 17+ countries globally. As our Billings Analyst, you will be the key player between the Elastic team and the external customers, driving continuous improvements and ensuring efficient communications and resolution of issues.
You will collaborate with your Billing and Collections team as well as other departments, such as Sales, Sales Order Operations, Training, and Business Integrations to optimize our processes and streamline things as Elastic grows.
- Accurate, efficient and timely processing of invoices.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries by empathetically balancing customer and organizational needs.
- Perform root cause analysis and quickly develop a course of action to solve problems.
- Ensure that customers’ accounts are accurately and promptly maintained.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end or quarterly audits.
- Work on improvements to processes with a mindset of continual growth.
- Resolve invoice disputes and other billing inquiries from customers
- Support global sales teams with questions about billing
- Maintain and update customer records
- Review customer contracts to ensure data accuracy for billing
What You Bring Along:
Do you have at least 3 years of professional experience in Billings that you'd like to build on and apply to a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment?
Do you receive joy from interacting with customers and other teams?
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and Excel (preferred, not mandatory)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Excellent work ethic and empathic manner.
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion of our customers
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- World-class internal/external customer service skills
- Decision-making, exceptionally detail oriented, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Strong English mandatory. Additional languages preferred: ideally German or French. A Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish) would be a considerable asset
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Distributed EMEA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: