Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking a Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager excited to join a small financial reporting team in a fast-growing technology company. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities and someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy company. You will report to our Senior Director of Financial Reporting in this role.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of accounting standard updates, including drafting and maintaining relevant accounting policies.
- Draft technical accounting memos for new accounting pronouncements/complex and non-standard transactions
- Partner and coordinate cross-functionally to understand business transactions and effectively communicate accounting issues.
- Review complex transactions to identify accounting risks and recommend appropriate accounting
- Review accounting areas subject to estimates, judgments, and complexity for appropriate accounting
- Propose improvements to processes and internal controls
- Establish strong working relationships and collaborate with various internal groups, including accounting, tax, legal and treasury
- Perform stock-based compensation accounting and equity reconciliation
- Assist in month, quarter, and year-end close processes as necessary
What You Bring Along:
- You have an active CPA (or equivalent credentials) and prior experience in financial reporting
- You have experience in a dynamic, high-growth, global environment
- You've grown a team in the past (mandatory)
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent technical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system (NetSuite preferred),
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which yours skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement https://www.elastic.co/legal/privacy-statement.
Notify Me of Open Positions
Sign up to receive emails when Elastic posts open positions you might be interested in: