Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Alliances & Channels organization at Elastic provides leadership developing partnerships with our Strategic Consulting Partners, Service and Cloud Partners. Elastic is transforming the industry and works closely with our Cloud Partners Microsoft, Google and AWS. Our Partner Development Manager's (PDM) Cloud are responsible for helping lead this change with responsibility for driving the strategic development of our cloud alliances.
This role will be responsible for developing and managing our key cloud alliances with Microsoft's Azure cloud service, including regional cloud strategy and Go-To-Market planning, regional sales team alignment, supporting channel organizations, and other key stakeholders. The Partner Director's responsibility will be to develop and drive the execution of revenue-driving programs and initiatives as well as capacity growth and customer success. The Partner Director will also be responsible for evangelizing Elastic’s value proposition within the partner organization and facilitating the partner’s value proposition within Elastic and affiliated companies. Key to the position is effective collaboration with multiple cross-functional stakeholders, including sales, alliances, marketing, legal, and operations.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work with regional leader(s) from Microsoft, Azure to develop a joint strategy and plan that includes investments in capacity and skills, co-selling (influenced) revenue, and development of industry & cloud-based accelerators.
- Work with the regional partner organization to execute GTM plans in EMEA and developing region specific capacity plans, driving influenced ACV growth and delivering customer success.
- Take joint Elastic-partner sales plays, offerings and industry assets/solutions to specific markets for local execution and engagement with our Elastic field sales teams.
- Joint solution development & execution - Commercialize industry solutions or product extensions to leverage partner IP and vertical expertise with Elastic teams.
- Execute, manage and deliver EMEA pipeline and revenue tied to Microsoft Azure strategies and initiatives in close alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive execution in concert with regional ecosystem resources.
- Identify target accounts and sign off with sales and partner leadership.
- Review sales play metrics/effectiveness on recurring basis with Partners, Partner Sales team, Sales Regions & Business Development teams.
- Maintain pipeline and dashboards that communicate to Executive Leadership the effectiveness of identified programs and investments. Conduct regular cadence between Microsoft & Elastic EMEA stakeholders
- Work with Microsoft Azure business development and technical personnel, and Elastic Partner SAs, to craft mutually-beneficial business models and solution offerings that drive new opportunities in the market.
- Educate Microsoft Azure staff on Elastic’s technology and how our technology fits into their overall GTM strategy and portfolio of products and services offerings
- Educate Elastic Field Team on Microsoft Azure & Elastic joint solution capabilities.
What You Bring Along:
- 10+ years in a channel sales or channel management roles focused on Cloud Partnerships with an extensive business knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Deep knowledge of SaaS, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and other relevant data centre technologies from the application layer, through storage and fabric layers
- Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; able to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
- Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic system integrators
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a highly complex, matrixed global organization.
- Executive presence to lead and manage the most strategic Cloud partners.
- Strong executive selling and business development skills; proven ability to understand different partner GTM and Organizational models.
- Understanding of service offering creation, marketing, lead generation and professional services organization key performance indicators.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.