Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are rapidly growing and looking for a highly motivated Sales Director of OEM and MSP Business Development to join us and support the Central EMEA region. This role is responsible for supporting Elastic’s efforts to build an elite ecosystem of Commercial Use partners who are highly strategic to the company’s long-term goals.
The Sales Director of Business Development is an individual contributor role
who will recruit, enable, and support a network of OEM and MSP
partners that will drive the sale of customer-facing, royalty-bearing solutions that embed Elastic. We want energetic, innovative, and results-oriented partner leaders with a passion for their work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Identify, recruit, enable and manage OEM and MSP partners to support business goals and to implement partner sales strategies specific to the Central - EMEA territories
- Identify new business opportunities, managing the sales cycle, negotiate and closing new OEM and MSP contracts
- Drive consistent and predictable OEM and MSP channel bookings through joint business planning and ongoing enablement of these partners
- Work closely with our direct sales teams to identify, qualify and onboard the right OEM and MSP partners, as well as managing ongoing forecast metrics for these partners
- Collaboration across Elastic business functions to ensure a seamless OEM/MSP partner experience
What You Bring to Elastic:
- Energetic, fun, self-directed, and passionate business development professional
- Fluent or native German speaker and also fluent in English
- A track-record of successful selling software (OpenSource is a plus) into MSP and OEM partners. Demonstrated by overachievement of quota and strong references
- Ability to build great relationships with both developers and executives
- Predictable and accurate forecasting capabilities using SFDC
- Understanding of analytics, security, or big data markets / products and the ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.