Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
In this Regional Marketing Specialist role, you will wake up each morning eager to build, drive, plan, and implement extraordinary marketing programs, targeting prospects and existing customers, as well as contribute to the success of the EMEA South sales team's pipeline goals. To build programs that identify and engage with users of the Elastic Stack, this person will interact daily with the field sales team, requiring an understanding of the buying behaviour in this region and how it maps into the free and open model and the Elastic go-to-market. You'll be collaborating with teams across multiple departments to accelerate growth for Elastic and do all of this while hosting and running your programs to precision.
The Marketing Specialist will ideally be based in the Netherlands and covering Spain and Italy primarily, at approximately a 60% Spain 40% Italy split, within our Southern European geography.
What you will be doing:
- Programs: Help drive demand creation and lead generation activity in developing qualified sales leads and creating brand awareness activities. Assist in sourcing suitable venues (when not virtual) for regional marketing programs and lead program management of campaigns within the region. Craft and execute targeted regional marketing programs to meet marketing goals, including but not limited to field events, account based marketing, (potential) trade-shows, ElasticON events, etc. Partner and work closely with sales teams to craft account-level marketing plans for their top strategic accounts.
- Digital: Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns to include account based marketing, webinars and virtual programs for top verticals within the EMEA South region and promotional materials: Work with Product Marketing to ensure distribution of (sometimes printed) materials such as case studies, datasheets, or give-aways to our local sales teams or whenever needed for campaigns.
- Logistics: Place and manage shipments via our warehouse prior to execution of regional programs. Coordinate logistics, speakers, agendas, and staff for Elastic programs.
- User/Customer Relation: Assist and contribute to building strong user/customer relationships to help create reference stories for the Customer Experience team that can be shared within the wider community.
- Analysis: Regional reporting on program feedback, ROI, attribution as well as iterations on future activities
- Partners: Support and partner with local partner initiatives such as smaller seminars, lunch and learns, or programs.
- Administrative: maintain and manage marketing calendar, regional budget, wiki, monitor speaking opportunities, research/execute third-party conferences and collect information for relevant programs across the regions to determine adjustments and improvements.
What you bring along:
- 5-7 years of experience in B2B tech marketing from a regional or field perspective. This experience will necessarily include Spain, with other exposure in Southern Europe being advantageous.
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written fluency in Spanish and English. Italian language skills would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to connect on multiple perspectives when seeking collaboration in accomplishing deliverables/tasks in order to ensure a diverse range of solutions are considered.
- Proactively processes insights and recommendations, based on (past) personal and professional experiences and/or relationships.
- An active contribution to a work team, with an ability to work on sophisticated issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. You have an ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- A natural flair to network with team members outside their own area of expertise.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an eye for detail. Things move quickly here but there are always notes, spreadsheets, and lists needed to work with.
- Proficiency in marketing automation tools such as Salesforce, Splash (similar to EventBrite), Marketo, Eloqua and other similar programs.
- Creativity; an ability to think of new programs that can scale to many users.
- Flexibility to adjust to a multifaceted, fast-growing environment and willingness to over deliver.
- Ability to be a true team-player, as well as be at ease to work independently and autonomously.
- A ‘let's-do-this’ demeanour and excitement to drive projects to completion.
- Flexibility to travel at least 20% within the region (post Covid-19 restrictions, of course)
Tip when applying:
- Provide a cover letter introducing yourself and interest in Elastic. In this cover letter, please also add some ideas of Marketing activities you think would work in Spain and Southern Europe more broadly, for our customers and a company like ours.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.