Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Associate to join our growing Elastic Cares team (AMER region). This is a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” type of role where good communication skills plus a can-do attitude are essential to success.
- Enable Elastic Cares team in accomplishing department goals by ensuring excellent employee service, enhancing program offerings, employee engagement, and improving operational efficiencies.
- Serve as an expert resource on Elastic Cares program information and resources.
- Support the delivery, monitoring and all functions of the Elastic Cares Program (Donation matching, Volunteer Time off (VTO) and the Non profit organization (NPO) Grant).
- Partner with the Elastic Cares Program Manager and team to source, plan, complete and host community impact signature projects and events across AMER and the globe.
- Collaborate closely with peers from Diversity Equity Inclusion (DEI), Workplace, Talent Brand and other team members to ensure awareness of cross-functional initiatives, and find opportunities to collaborate across all connection points
- First point of contact for Elastic Cares across the company, new hires and to external partners
- Draft communications to attract, educate, and promote program benefits across the globe; includes regular updates on Elastic Cares initiatives to be included in monthly functional and Company reports, newsletters, and social media campaigns
- Host or lead Elastic Cares sponsored or curated sessions or events.
- Support Program Manager with finance and accounting recordkeeping, and managing corporate donations
- Gain proficiency in pulling database report on donations, volunteer time off (VTO); analyzing and synthesizing data
- Keep current on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) trends and standard methodologies; recommend program enhancements based on CSR and ESG benchmarking and current trends.
- Serve as player-coach for team coordinator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience planning, completing and hosting events with global audiences
- Self motivator with track record of proactively taking initiative to enhance, or improve program elements, impact or effectiveness; hopefully, someone with experience working in a global, distributed environment
- Flexibility to adapt to occasional non-standard work hours to accommodate different geographies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects with minimal supervisory oversight
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple and changing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a passion for helping others
- Ability to empathize and apply diversity, equity and inclusion principles throughout all work done on behalf of Elastic Cares, with all levels of employees internationally; and with outside companies and vendors
- A sense of humor, and resiliency.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, and 3-4 years of office experience with strong preference for at least 2 years CSR, ESG, and/or non-profit experience.
- Ideally located in the Pacific or Mountain Time bases
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $86,400 and $118,800, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.