At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
We are currently looking for a Knowledge Manager position consisting of both internal and external technical enablement, practical collateral development and curation, and synergizing methodologies/approaches and toolsets for applied delivery. In this role, you will manage the creation, cultivation, engagement and management of Elastic technical delivery assets. Overseeing content consisting of; best practices, IPs, assessments, and standards by setting up a Knowledge Strategy and enabling the evolution of the knowledge management systems built from Elastic systems and solution technologies. You will drive enablement on the technical delivery approaches and toolsets to ensure that Elastic internal, partners and customers are successfully contributing and internalizing our knowledge, while directing governance and relevance of our content offerings. You will also be responsible for supporting the CSG content management strategy along with collaborating and defining the categorization/taxonomy of our new knowledge management system. Leveraging enterprise search, system analytics and metric visualization capabilities, you will be able report and navigate user experience and adoption. Additionally, you will evolve a badging/ranking process while collaborating on sales and marketing initiatives to drive the ecosystem of knowledge management.
You will be an influencer and thought leader with in-depth knowledge management expertise, credibility, and content management experience to establish yourself as a subject-matter expert in technical delivery methodologies and approaches within a company leading innovation and education organization.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in Elastic’s Education and Innovation organization supporting training, delivery methodology and enablement.
- Participate in internal technical product training, subscription overviews as well as Elastic solution training and certification methods.
- Begin participation in field activities with customers and partners by shadowing seasoned program managers, education managers and practicing enablement processes.
- Begin to internalize Elastic enablement best practices for customers and partners by starting on your journey to govern delivery best practices and IP relevant to Elastic implementation methodologies and approaches, along with toolsets.
- Evangelize and market the Elastic community towards the development and leverage of reusable assets via a knowledge repository and revamped subscriptions.
- Complete Elastic education onboarding and fully ramp on technology and implementation methodologies; start to internalize knowledge base platform technologies and refine the Center of Excellence on Knowledge Management.
- Define and drive knowledge management strategies and recommendations on content taxonomy, asset collaboration, gamification methods around badging/ranking, and set up an internal knowledge management council.
- Begin enablement and guidance of Elastic practitioners and help to build out our Education and Innovation organization leveraging existing toolsets, and begin driving requirements for uplift of future KMS/CMS platform.
- Provide knowledge strategy requirements for Education and Innovation tool uplift working with external contractors, internal Elastic teams, and your direct program management team.
- Drive content management guidelines and uplift of knowledge and/or content toolsets for internal and external collaboration.
- Deliver uplift, migration, and categorization of tool sets consisting of content management, knowledge repository and enterprise search capabilities.
- Evangelize frameworks, project deliverables, best practices/policies and implementations through internal tool collaboration networks and IP sharing workshops and webinars, along with gamification of contributions internally/externally.
- Identify opportunities to expand Elastic footprint and drive further services and customer service synergies, lead regional workshops, and drive partnerships as the liaison for Elastic via cross-collaboration with Elastic partners, SIs, and 3rd Parties Subcontractors via toolset collaboration capabilities.
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout project experiences in the field and contribute to developing and implementing internal IP knowledge management best practices to meet customer needs and facilitate cross-functional efficiencies internally and with partners.
- Evangelize, train, coach, and mentor Education team members on KMS/CMS skills and toolset capabilities.
- Identify opportunities and efficiencies in customer/partner leverage of knowledge repository tool capabilities from feedback and analytics to gain greater value and effectiveness out of the knowledge platform.
- Support development and facilitation of technical workshops, webinars, and enablement opportunities for knowledge repository, while continuing to evangelize reusable IP to the field and to our customers and partners.
- Own and refine content management operations, process and workflow in Elastic’s knowledge management system and guide integration practitioners to contribute new content to the repository.
- Work with Elastic product teams providing valuable product insight, guiding product direction and features, along with assisting field enablement training opportunities regarding new products and delivery techniques within the knowledge platform.
- Deliver compelling presentations, architectural overviews, and delivery enablement workshops to influence the strategic direction of our projects and lead customers through solution design scenarios leveraging the knowledge hub toolsets.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Five to Seven years minimum Content Management experience working as part of technical implementation teams and driving technology solutions with internal and external teams
- Content Management (Documentum, Stellent, etc) including taxonomy, meta-data tagging, search, document lifecycle management, etc is a requirement
- Enterprise Search experience including AI, fuzzy logic search capabilities is a major plus
- Enterprise portal and collaboration experience, or Salesforce Experience/Community Cloud and/or Salesforce Knowledge like platform experience is a plus (not required)
- Wiki (Confluence, Sharepoint, etc) project implementation experience is a plus
- Learning management system and data analytics experience is a plus
- Proven ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in completing technical design documentation and technical reference materials for client/internal consumption is a plus
- Demonstrated experience implementing multiple technical integration project SDLCs (Software Development Life Cycle) end-to-end
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement solutions within a diverse technical team of client, SIs, contractors, and internal teams
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring junior level resources, consultants, and clients while leading internal initiatives to grow Services organization practices
- Demonstrated expertise in evangelizing integration methodologies and supporting business case justification to C-level executives
- Not satisfied with the status quo - always thinking about how it can be done better
- Thinks of creative ways to apply program management best practices
- Experience driving technical workshops with technical and business clients to derive value added services and implementations which requires strong public communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional public communication and presentation skills- have a mind of a developer and the passion of a teacher
- Ability to work independently and be flexible to work across variable time-zones to support Global needs
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (varies depending on company needs, focused within Region)
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
The typical starting Total Cash Compensation range for new hires in this role is between $113,200 and $155,700, which consists of a Base Salary or a Base Salary plus a Target Commission, depending on the specific role. The Base Salary offered may vary depending on factors including skills and experience.
Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic’s equity plan as well as a range of health & wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.