Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Are you a designer who loves education? Do you want to meet lots of new people and enable users on how to use the Elastic Stack? Come join us at Elastic! In this role, you will support our global Education team through creating and developing new educational materials for classroom and online training. You will also help maintain existing courseware, create eLearning content for interactive learning, and build engaging video content for our users.
This opportunity has a direct influence on helping us grow and expand our education program by creating new on-demand course materials. The education materials you help build will be used by thousands of people every year!
Our ideal candidate thrives in an autonomous setting, taking the initiative to independently deliver results, as most of the team works remotely and we are happy to consider you wherever you live.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Keep existing Elastic Stack eLearning courseware up-to-date with the fast-changing features of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats (fix issues, update versions, improve flows, etc.)
- Use feedback and survey data from users, students, education engineers, and subject matter experts to create new content (workshops, videos, eLearning, and more), resolve issues with existing content as well as improve existing On-demand (eLearning) courses, and video content
- Work with the engineering team, education team, and subject matter experts to improve existing content and to create new learning objectives
- Create graphics, videos, animations, and other eLearning interactions that align with company design standards and supports technical subject matter
- Develop storyboards and scripts for video content creation, review, and edit cycles
- Voice over audio for video content, build video content using graphics, screen recordings
- Keep up-to-date on eLearning technologies, trends, best practices, and methodologies
- Design high quality, intuitive courseware and environments focused on the user experience
What You Bring Along:
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as a curriculum designer, education video developer, motion graphic artist, or related fields
- A minimum of 4 years experience designing, developing, and building engaging video + eLearning content, ideally supporting a national and/or global team
- BS in Computer Science,, Instructional Design, Video Production, Motion Graphics, or related engineering or education discipline
- Highly advanced with Camtasia or equivalent
- Experience with the following:Video animation, Screencasting, Motion graphic design, Audacity, or equivalent Voice Over talent and audio editing experience
- A capacity to learn new things quickly and express your knowledge in a meaningful way
- Strong communication skills while multitasking at a rapid pace
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-moving environment, while managing multiple projects at once, and meeting project deadlines on or before target dates
- Excited to work with a highly distributed team and collaborative environment
- Experience with the following is a huge plus: Adobe Premiere Pro, Articulate 360, Captivate, or other eLearning tools
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Education, Instructional Design, Video Production, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment and a programming language
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.