At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Deployment Monitoring team builds solutions that help our customers identify, prevent, and resolve deployment health issues on Elastic Cloud. We achieve this by providing customers and platform operators with visibility into deployment health, building self-service tools and diagnostics, and by reducing the impact of issues through proactive monitoring and remediation.
What you will be doing:
- Implement and contribute to the design of a compelling health analysis and troubleshooting UX, enabling users to rapidly diagnose and resolve problems with their deployments.
- Help to deliver the roadmap of the team while suggesting and implementing projects that mitigate technical debt.
- Write comprehensive tests, including unit tests, browser-level integration tests, and end-to-end functional tests that provide confidence in the stability and function of our UIs.
- Collaborate with other experienced engineers, designers, and other stakeholders as we build features together that meaningfully move the needle for our users and our business.
What you bring along: (Avoid specifying a degree)
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and empathy.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong collaboration and written communication skills.
- Experience with React.
- Experience with building accessible user interfaces.
- Experience writing automated tests.
- Passion for user-oriented UI design principles.
- Desire to be part of a globally distributed team.
- Knowledge of or experience with Elastic products is a plus.
- Exposure to Observability, Performance, or Availability tools or services.
- Passion for building simple and reusable components that can be pieced together to create complex UIs.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.