At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Act as a business partner to Sales and Finance in developing strategies for complex deals with a focus on financial and revenue compliance
- Complete and maintain APJ geographic Deal Desk support framework
- Provide support for super-geo Manager
- Implement and lead approvals for non-standard deals and effectively collaborate across Sales, Finance, and Legal
- Serve as a trusted adviser to sales executives and their teams on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support sales efforts
- Strong presence and communication with the Field.
- Ability to implement strategies and lead under supervision sales enablement, deal optimization, profitability and strategic positioning initiatives
- Drive and implement decision reviews, approvals, and carrying out across competencies (quoting, legal, revenue, etc.
- Support the global Deal Desk leadership to deliver consistent and exceptional support to our sales organization
- Propose and implement initiatives as part of the long term strategy for the Deal Desk team and business
- High-energy, team-first demeanor: motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment to help our growing business
- Assess Financial and revenue risk on non-standard deals and understand and embed financial/legal compliance
- Propose and incorporate custom terms and legal edits into order forms and contract documents
- Coordinate and handle cross-departmental approvals outside of standard systematic workflow
- Maintain and update repository of legal language templates for non-standard deals for specific offerings
- Understand and implement revenue recognition policies across all deals
- Support RFP/RFI/Vendor Questionnaires and drive the enablement process related to such requests.
- Create and lead systematic CRM workflows around Deal Desk sales engagement and Revenue team alerting for non-standard orders
- Conduct due diligence and construct financial and legal requirements for changes in existing offerings and launch of new offerings
- Identify gaps in current Deal Desk processes (both operational and systematic) and create improvements for efficiencies
- General experience in building IT requirements and enhancements, and project management
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related competency
- At least 5 years of experience in Sales Operations, Channel Operations, Deal Desk, Contract Administration or related
- MBA preferred
- Strong attention to detail while multitasking
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and GSuite, Salesforce.com (CPQ a plus)
- Experience working in a SaaS or high-tech company is also a plus
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.